It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

Swordsmans of Alahan

• Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Swordsmans of Alahan

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 6:58 pm

from my experience i saw this warband with 3x lions of war + 1x sparkling + 4-5x swordsmen + 1x archer.

I saw 3 lions in p122something band but i don't remember the rest - game was interrupted before first turn.

But in my opinion gargoyles should do terrible things to such composition with 20dmg Vs cats.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

skydancer

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Honestly swordman of alhan is one of the best unit of the game in their role. Doesn't understand this is pretty unbeliavable imo. ;)

Is better than skeleton warrior and than fang.
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

better with/for what?
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

skydancer

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

In the lion army the role of swordsman is tanking, being carrier of seal of dae*.* and with parry hold position while mage and archer do their nuke job. Every decent lion list have at least 2-3 swordsman because they're simply too good.
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Every decent lion list have at least 2-3 swordsman because they're simply too good.

nope - every decent Lion player takes at least one because they are thorougher than sparklings and Lions - and in any composition something must take the hits for more fragile units.

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 pm

skydancer wrote:In the lion army the role of swordsman is tanking, being carrier of seal of dae*.* and with parry hold position while mage and archer do their nuke job. Every decent lion list have at least 2-3 swordsman because they're simply too good.

i gotta to agree here, to me swordsmen are really ok. They are not supposed to kill or deal damage but control. Taunt and For the light do that (yes the latter is a control spell because a fierce swordmen prevents a pursuit + blocks your path...for at least 1 turn which is huge imo). Parry is super annoying as often to kill them reliably you need 2-3 basic units.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Parry is super annoying as often to kill them reliably you need 2-3 basic units.

so why i need two swordsmans to kill one HB skelleton ?

skydancer

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Why you had to kill a HB skeleton?
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:20 pm

to eliminate all enemy units?

SoulCollector

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 1:32 am

I can't believe you guys are still having this argument.

skydancer wrote:Honestly swordman of alhan is one of the best unit of the game in their role. Doesn't understand this is pretty unbeliavable imo. ;)

Is better than skeleton warrior and than fang.

Come on, really? How would you even compare a Swordman with a Fang and say he is better at his Tank role than a Fang at his mobile-damage dealer role?. Swordman is decent at tanking at most, everyone that plays Humans know that fact, parry doesn't work all that much vs Undeads and Fear, or numbers, or Stun or Fear+Stun+Surrounded that is Something a Skeleton Warrior with HB don't have to deal with, at least not that badly, they got better Tou and they take 3 less damage per hit, they don't get feared so they don't see their Acc be 5 with full health. If you really want to see how bad a Sworman is put 2 of them level 2 with Parry in front of a Black Paladin with Honor on and see how long they last, then try the same with 2 Skeleton Warriors with HB or 2 Fangs with Ruthless, try the same against a Gargoyle or a Lion of War or a Hunter.

Can they close paths? yes they can close paths and help add damage but so can Necromancer's Puppets and you only need 1 Necromancer to have an infinity number of Puppets.

Swordmen were great tankers when they could be healed like crazy, you can't do that anymore but you can heal 20 hits points in 1 turn of HB Skeleton Warrior with a full health Necromancer level 3 with Mastery of the Arcana.

Dragon_Warrior wrote:nope - every decent Lion player takes at least one because they are thorougher than sparklings and Lions - and in any composition something must take the hits for more fragile units.

Exactly.

Deep Blue wrote:i gotta to agree here, to me swordsmen are really ok. They are not supposed to kill or deal damage but control. Taunt and For the light do that (yes the latter is a control spell because a fierce swordmen prevents a pursuit + blocks your path...for at least 1 turn which is huge imo). Parry is super annoying as often to kill them reliably you need 2-3 basic units.

That is the problem, they are not suppose to kill or deal damage but when they are feared and stunned they are not suppose to parry either. Taunt is a good talent but I rather have 3 Swordmen level 1 in my company than 2 level 3 Swordmen with what ever talents you can put on it. If you really find Swormen parry super annoying then, you are not fighting them right.

skydancer wrote:In the lion army the role of swordsman is tanking, being carrier of seal of dae*.* and with parry hold position while mage and archer do their nuke job. Every decent lion list have at least 2-3 swordsman because they're simply too good.

You can cast Seal of dellar'n on any unit in your company in fact if you want to cast seal of dellar on something do it on a Sparkling with Def. Stance and see him disengage from a 4 units engagement next turn and go back to the mage.

Swordmen are a decent foot soldier but is definitly the weakest foot soldier in game and their AP cost represents that. Any decent Lion company will have 2 or 3 because you need numbers to control parts of the map and you have no other option for the cheap AP cost.
Last edited by SoulCollector on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions