It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:25 am

wolfen lonewolf suggestion (if its not bug)

• Author

Boogieman

wolfen lonewolf suggestion (if its not bug)

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm

I noticed his spell "primal attack of water" makes same DMG with or without "mastery of arcana" which "...gains +4 WIL for all spell incantation rolls"

"primal attack of water" spell says "the magician attacks his target with the eruption of raw ice.the latter suffers an injury whose force is equal to the WIL of the magician"

if i use "primal attack of water" spell,and i have "mastery of arcana",that means that for that incantation spell roll i have +4 WIL boost and "primal attack of water" should make more DMG.

that doesnt happen,DMG is same on "primal attack of water" with or without "mastery of arcana"

either it is bug, or "primal attack of water" need better description,something like "...the latter suffers an injury whose force is equal to the base stat WIL of the magician"

Deep Blue

Re: wolfen lonewolf suggestion (if its not bug)

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

i find the description to be clear to me.

Focus is the damage trait that boosts magical damage while mastery of arcana which boost the chances clearly states "+4 WIL on incantation ROLLS". It doesn't state anywhere that it modifies the BASE statistics.

anyway fear not , next patch traits will be reset.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for the report.

It was never intended that Mastery of the Arcana buffs the damage output of the spells it affects.
This attribute, as well as the "Exalted" attribute, will have their description corrected in the next patch in order to make that clear.

It should now read :
"Grants a +20% bonus on difficulty rolls when casting Spells." (or / "when calling Miracles.").

And as Deep Blue said, there will be a skill tree reset, so you will be able to repick another attribute if you want to.
Please keep in mind though that we also changed some difficulties for Spells and Miracles, and that some of them will be harder to cast without those attributes.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Deep Blue

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Jigoku wrote:It should now read :
"Grants a +20% bonus on difficulty rolls when casting Spells." (or / "when calling Miracles.").

And as Deep Blue said, there will be a skill tree reset, so you will be able to repick another attribute if you want to.
Please keep in mind though that we also changed some difficulties for Spells and Miracles, and that some of them will be harder to cast without those attributes.

i like the new description, for sure clearer :-)

I just hope these increased difficulties aren't too high to make that talent mandatory (i would like something in line with respite of the death, 85% normal chance, 100% with mastery at full HP not engaged)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to Suggestions