It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:23 am

Changes that this game NEED to improve.

• Author

Deuzerre

Re: Changes that this game NEED to improve.

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 8:39 pm

If they remove this "Certain hit", then they should remove the "certain miss" of Ram.

Deep Blue

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:But as i sid before - without FA archers have ridiculously low chances for hitting any non Fang Wolfen.

wait a second, aren't lion archers the ones with the highest ACC? then what about ram and wolf ones?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:But as i sid before - without FA archers have ridiculously low chances for hitting any non Fang Wolfen.

wait a second, aren't lion archers the ones with the highest ACC? then what about ram and wolf ones?

wolfens have harassment that works mostly like +3-6ACC fixing range and covers... but yes - RAM archers are even more desperate when trying to hit a wolfen ... but their advance is almost twice lower the cost - that makes sacrificing them for one last shot much more reasonable ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Tomay

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Valkyrie are a huge problem in the current 3 faction system at the moment. They are very cheaply costed, have decent defensive stats and combine so well with both the archer (auspices) and knight (luminous). A lot of people using this combo keep their group fairly tight and sit back picking you off with the archer until you get close enough for a regenerating knight to get in your way. It doesn't make for a very interactive game.

I don't know how much they want to muck around with the core rules and personally I feel like they shouldn't too much given the balance testing that was done in confrontation but I am hoping there will be something to deter this type of strategy in the future. Perhaps a faction that can counter this strategy easily by isolating the Valk/Archer or with new maps.

skydancer

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 pm

A lot of comment are soo one sided. I propose many changes that balance the game in many aspect.
I play all 3 army, thrust me, Acheron now need some little help and those harrassment and favorable are both game breacking.

Plaing Alhan right now and the feeling of how easy is to win with that combo especially vs undead is quite embarassing, i feel bad for my opponent.
~ work in progress ~

Jormungandooo

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:14 am

agree with all skydancer remarks

but dragon_warrior have right with this DOD. RAM archers are usless vs wolfen. When they can start fire with +50% they die on next wolfen action cause its less than 6 hex

9) Sparklings sacrifice should mark enemy with vulnerable / knock-out until end of turn cause now its rly hard to use it when he is close to death so if y use it y do this when he have more than 1/2 HP so 12dmg its nothing especialy against unit like KoL/ PoD when y dont make 12dmg but 5dmg and y lose unit

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 am

but dragon_warrior have right with this DOD. RAM archers are usless vs wolfen. When they can start fire with +50% they die on next wolfen action cause its less than 6 hex

Additionaly in Vip scenarios Wolfen can pass 3-5 units runing for messanger and get no more than one hit...
i just played a game against 2pob, fang hunter that just pass my defence by running along the wall of units parrying every hit... only fang got hit twice...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:

Additionaly in Vip scenarios Wolfen can pass 3-5 units runing for messanger and get no more than one hit...
i just played a game against 2pob, fang hunter that just pass my defence by running along the wall of units parrying every hit... only fang got hit twice...

unfortunately VIP (and to a lesser extent domination) is very difficult if you are playing against wolven. If i would make a team specifically for it i would go for the 300 bracket, putting 1 PoB + 3 fang warriors all with happy 1 AP elusive. Good luck stopping them when i charge mindlessly to your VIP. Defensive stance made wolven even more monstruos in the VIP scenario.

What about removing stances in the VIP scenario? this would also involve more tactical gameplay where a unit can't suddenly oneshot your guy with offensive and wolven will probably suffer much more damage when passing near an enemy.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jormungandooo

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Deep Blue wrote:unfortunately VIP (and to a lesser extent domination) is very difficult if you are playing against wolven. If i would make a team specifically for it i would go for the 300 bracket, putting 1 PoB + 3 fang warriors all with happy 1 AP elusive. Good luck stopping them when i charge mindlessly to your VIP. Defensive stance made wolven even more monstruos in the VIP scenario.

this is 1 of reason why i think sparlings with sacrifice should have bonus to this skill like knock out for giving them more option for play and stop combo like this on 1st turn

but if i have knight with knock out and valkyrie with PoJ and use def order on VIP i have chance to end game at 2nd turn if 1 of wolfen miss with atack on VIP
when:
1 wolves cant move
1 is death
1 surrounded with heavy injury
and this last is always problem cause VIP have def order but if he hit him more than 1 time i lost if he miss its gg for wolfen cause on 3rd turn still live only 1 wolven with knock out

but for ram this wolfen pack i think is GG cause wolfen have bigger chance to start turn

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 pm

but for ram this wolfen pack i think is GG cause wolfen have bigger chance to start turn

but RAM mostly have this 2-3 additional units thac can wall the VIP
Previous

Return to Suggestions