It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

Abandonware/Game dead?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

DeathsAdvocate

Re: Abandonware/Game dead?

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 6:56 am

I really hope it gets the attention it deserves soon.

Lionbutt

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Well i posted on Facebook, hopefully will get a responce on there.

They seem to be avoiding your post which is usually a safe sign about the game being abandoned. If they won't comment on it, it usually means they've given it up, but they still want as many as possible to spend money on it before they are forced to take it down.

Double renown or double ducast is a very easy thing to do and is not really much sign of keeping the game alive. It is more a sign of milking the game to keep people from leaving and hopefully getting them to spend money. Too bad, the game had pretty cool mechanics =)

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 3:58 pm

My steam says that i spent 625h in the game so it would be nice to see it further development :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 7:14 pm

I would be sad to see the game go. If a microtransanction riddled equivalent of the open source "Battle of Wesnoth" like Pox Nora was able to claw itself back then Dogs of War ought to be able to too.

I think you have me beat Dragon Warrior i'm something like 400+ hours.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 8:25 pm

The new facebook update gives me a glimmer of hope, those icons are clearly item icons and a certain survey mentioned items/equipment. But it's very much my own assumption so i'm trying to keep my own expectations down for now untill they actually say it themselves.

Lima

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 pm

Come to Pox Nora, stop playing this doomed game and wasting your time. Practically everyone is new there, and there are proper hardworking devs there. very little rng and no kill outright...

Almanro

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 9:11 pm

While I agree with the fact that unfortunately this online game (or at least the forum) is dead, Pox Nora has a graphic that reminds me of some Commodore 64 games... (maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it still seems very outdated for a game nowadays...)

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 pm

Almanro wrote:While I agree with the fact that unfortunately this online game (or at least the forum) is dead, Pox Nora has a graphic that reminds me of some Commodore 64 games... (maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it still seems very outdated for a game nowadays...)

inded this whole Pox Nora looks far worse than current Battle Wesnoth that have quite minimalistic standard. And if anything looks cheaper than free game...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Lima

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 am

Im sorrry i didnt think anyone played dogs of war for the graphics... i thought you guys wanted to play a fair and fun tabletop turn based strategy game.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 10:46 am

Pox Nora just isn't my kind of game i think. Dogs of War is squad based, you have finite resources, each player moves one unit at a time. The moves you make have instant consequences. Pox Nora is like Command and Conquer/Starcraft but in turn based form. Maybe i would be more interested in it if it didn't seem like a massive grind before you could actually unlock stuff.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum