It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Abandonware/Game dead?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Lionbutt

Abandonware/Game dead?

PostSun Oct 12, 2014 8:37 am

I am new to the game, but have been combing the forums for activity and progress on the game and my impression has been that the game itself has been abandoned by the developers. I see very few people online and very minor updates spaced between each other alot. Any official activity on the forum seems to be very lacking as well.

I happen to like this game, and I am the kind of person that spend money on games I like, but I don't want to end up spending money on a game that is abandoned and dead. That is why I would like to know if the developers are still there and still working on the game.

As I said above, I like the game. It's good fun (though I feel it needs a more rewardable repetable PvE option, but i'll make a seperate thread with my review on that).

Astralwyrm

Re: Abandonware/Game dead?

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 am

Well one sign of life would be their sudden activeness on Facebook since August. But yeah besides that we don't really have any reason to assume that the game is still being worked on or will be worked on.

Lionbutt

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Well one sign of life would be their sudden activeness on Facebook since August. But yeah besides that we don't really have any reason to assume that the game is still being worked on or will be worked on.

Too bad really; just managed to convince a few friends to join me on this haha. They are going to hate me for this :shock:

Astralwyrm

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 5:36 pm

The game can still be fun even as it is, just don't throw money at the game till the devs speak up on whats going on. I don't really think they've abandoned the game it's just difficult to keep thinking that when they won't tell us anything even if it's just some sort of vague confirmation that they are still developing the game. If you get your friends in you can play the old game modes through friendly matches as well. Eliminate VIP was my favourite as Wolfen. =D

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 am

but still im waiting over half year to write review of the game on one of Polish sites... and all the time i don't knew if it will be supported or have further development...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Lionbutt

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Anyone tried talking with them on facebook? =p

They don't really seem to care about the forums

Astralwyrm

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 2:17 pm

They use to give quite a few more replies on the forums earlier in the year. I haven't tried Facebook no. I'm hesitant about posting this sort of query on such a public place like Facebook lol. >.>';;

skydancer

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Devs just wasn't able to do this game a good game so it's simply dying.
I say that after 350h of playtest.
I hoped a lot but then ... bored of waiting something changes.
~ work in progress ~

Astralwyrm

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Well i posted on Facebook, hopefully will get a responce on there.

Steco91

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 3:37 am

Well, there's going to be a Double Ducats weekend. Dunno if that counts for activity, but it's something I guess...
Next

Return to General Forum