It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

What really made me quit this game after 369h

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

skydancer

What really made me quit this game after 369h

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Could seem strange but over all others issues... three profile for the same unit appereance made me mad.

It's very disappointing that the same unit could have three different profile. This force you to always lose time looking at unit stats to have a battle overview. The game give you the feel that developers don't have time or will to draw some new unit appereance for every profile in the game. The gameplay suffer a lot, it's like play chess with different pieces that share same role and you need to look at what they really are by looking at thir bottom. Well... it's very annoyng and made play very frustrating. ;) (especially when someone play 3+ of the same uni appereance with different profile, it's a pain understand where they're)

Hope devs will look at this soon, after a breack i would like to try this game again.
~ work in progress ~

Astralwyrm

Re: What really made me quit this game after 369h

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm

The game does have a big case of copy pasting everything, There are the units which look identical to each other and the champions who look identical to their units, they were just given a size change in some cases or some different colours in places. The troops and champions would benefit from more work on their models i agree, then we might not need a silly flare buzzing around the heads of the champions. Like the Great Fangs could look more buff compared to a fang, the Savage Lion could look more feral and have scars on their bodies where they were expertly abused to make them savage.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:04 pm

I mentioned simplest solution many times already :P

This is screenshot from once great game Battleforge
as you see close to unit HP bar there are two markers.
First shows how many upgrades this particular unit/card have and second one show blue affinity of the card (there were 4 colors for affinities). Something similar would be quite enough to show tier of unit or even unit level if needed.

additional screens
http://wiiare.in/wp-content/gallery/bat ... -13-89.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/106690806-4.jpg

and this solution was working quite fine.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:20 pm

That could work, though in Battleforge those units were only differentiated by the markers if i remember rightly. I mean Stone Shards were Stone Shards, no matter what marker they had they didn't have different names or backgrounds. They just had a different bonus effect.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Astralwyrm wrote: though in Battleforge those units were only differentiated by the markers if i remember rightly. I mean Stone Shards were Stone Shards, no matter what marker they had they didn't have different names or backgrounds. They just had a different bonus effect.

yes - but it worked ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

soweczka

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun May 17, 2015 9:18 pm

i had over 600hours :P

Return to General Forum