It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Worg Rework?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

chimeraelite

Worg Rework?

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 6:23 am

As a primarily Wolfen player I feel like on the side of reworks and rebalancing, the Worg has been sorely lacking. If you take a look at all of his abilities, only one of the three actually has any practical use. Howl has the dual use of fear(12) and increasing the accuracy of allies within the same area. Swipe, has been, and continues to be a terrible ability. I have used it once, maybe. There's no point in love tapping two separate units, when you can quickly crush one, then use his absurd implacable(2) to go for the other one. On the front of Rising Moon, while it is somewhat "useful" or "fair" that he has a chance to kill outright, against most armies this ability is useless. Again, I've used this ability only a few times, and the only time it actually came in use was against the one other Wolfen player I have fought in the overall 20 I've played. Rising moon allows the Worg to riposte every attack made against him, BUT in most battles this makes next to no difference as the enemy only makes 1 attack per turn, and a riposte is already essentially a given. What I'm trying to say is that considering how few people actually play Wolfen, the ability is FAR too specific to be of any use in the other %80 of the games I play. (Maybe the Worg could simply be my anti-Wolfen hero) I'm not only talking about bad abilities, I'm also talking about useless passives. Who here thinks that a Worg will ever be able to truly use Implaccable(2)? That's 3 pursuit movement, or a max of 4 dead people. Sounds nice on paper, but when you think about it, how far can the Worg ACTUALLY MOVE? 4 hexes. Meaning that pursuit movements are 2 hexes. It might be that I'm simply not implementing him as I should, but I have never been in a position where an enemy army has been not only that low hp wise, but also clumped up that closely. Again, it might simply be that I'm not using the Wolfen properly, and not using the Worg to his full capability, but what are all your takes on the Wolfen as they currently are?
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.

Astralwyrm

Re: Worg Rework?

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 11:20 am

I don't think i've ever seen the damage cancelation effect of Sacred Armor either, across both Kelrys and Arinius. Maybe the cancelation effect is set to 0 by mistake? Though Arinius is already quite beefy even without more damage mitigation.

Rising Moon really is quite bad when you consider that Arinius has that 10% Kill Outright passively. Powerful Swipe has no synergy with Rising Moon, Born Killer, Implacable 2 which pretty much places it into the never used category. Really for Powerful Swipe to be worth it there needs to be more damage coming from it somehow. For example Born Killer making a 2nd powerful swipe occur and or allowing Rising Moon to be a personal buff so Kelrys can possibly apply kill outright against multiple enemies.

As i said in another thread Commanding Shout wouldn't be a bad idea, the acc bonus of howl lasting until the end of the unit's next activation and maybe a fear increase to howl.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Aug 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I don't think i've ever seen the damage cancelation effect of Sacred Armor either, across both Kelrys and Arinius. Maybe the cancelation effect is set to 0 by mistake? Though Arinius is already quite beefy even without more damage mitigation.

It works fine

you should simply see something like 35/60 failure in ATT/PAR rolls table - so sacred armor works partialy as old survival instinct.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

The king

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 am

as an avid wolven player, i agree here.

swipe is useless. wolves depend on alpha damage to a unit... decreasing your attacks damage in any way is unwise.

howl.... a moderately useful buff... but to use to its maximum potential, kelrys needs to be activated first. 80% of situations this is a BAD idea. therefore howl is usually an after thought.

rising moon.... 10% chance of kill outright and auto attack against all attacks there after.... marginally ok. for 1 elixer though, no way. ryskar elixer move gives him infinite implaceable (huge game changer), emeroks flask of destiny has huge heal of whole team and middle way (big game changer)... does rising moon change the game? 90% of the time, no. rising moon needs to replace swipe, leave howl, and think of something new for his elixer move.
the chimera can 2 regen itself, golem gives himself a perm damage buff... kelrys get a junky crap roll... please fix him!

Return to General Forum