It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Chimera

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: Chimera

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 2:15 am

To be honest I think the survey is their way of trying to work out what to do with the game as a whole actually.

The Chimera has been an obvious problem since day 1.

To be honest with the lack of feedback from the Devs and no discussion about how they see the game playing out I''m getting the sinking feeling they don't know themselves what they want from it.

The AP fix for the Chimera would go a long way to helping but it would still be unbalanced since she still has so much of an impact by herself. I'd add Scourge being able to be cast only once per turn on top of that. My personal favorite is

- Increase cost to 300 AP
- Make Scourge a 4x per game spell with a cost of 6 mana.
- Perhaps a further TOU, PAR, DOD nerf as well after further testing.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 6:32 am

The Chimera has been an obvious problem since day 1.
and still unfixed :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 am

Fix Chimera, Fix Kain. Those are the main two things they could do right now. It's not good for a beginner hero to be so hard to make work. Though maybe Melmoth would make a better beginner hero because he's much simpler to play. You can pretty much make Melmoth work with a mass of servile skeletons and archers. He also has a good combo with commanding shout, T1 priest and dark vassal.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Fix Chimera, Fix Kain. Those are the main two things they could do right now. It's not good for a beginner hero to be so hard to make work. Though maybe Melmoth would make a better beginner hero because he's much simpler to play. You can pretty much make Melmoth work with a mass of servile skeletons and archers. He also has a good combo with commanding shout, T1 priest and dark vassal.

Indeed Kain is weakest hero at the time - while UP units are much better than OP - giving him to new played can by risky becouse they may thing that game is P2W :lol: while i really don't have idea how i can spend my cyans ;p
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I agree that Kain is the weakest and needs some sort of buff or something. I also think that the whole game needs to be tweaked slightly with the rules of the confrontation mode. Something that allows eliminating the other team to be a more viable option. Like increasing the numbers elixir's collected, maybe waiting till after the first turn to count elixirs, or this bond elixirs only being good for the orders that use them. I think that's the biggest issue in the game even more so than the Chimera. I think having various when conditions all equally balanced allows for a lot more variety of builds and diversity in style of play.

The king

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 5:00 pm

What is all this crying?! Don't like chimera? Play wolf... Middle way reduces chimera to a waddling duck. I'm not a master of skeletons or the lion faction, but wolves have no problems handling chimera or golem. If you do, ur doing something wrong.

The point on having random elixirs count towards order and attacks only is perfect. Keep the score limited to control and hero kills.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Lol we all have dozens or hundreds game played, we are all in top 20-30 and we all was in top 5 durning the beta... and we all agree that Chimera need a hard fix...
so if you have problems with wolfen bands that makes you doing something wrong... srsly...

I agree that wolfen can Win against Chimera - i won with two chimeras today... one Vs newbies first game and one Vs another terrible player that started second and third turn activation sequence from Swordsman insted Chimera with full mana...

and midle way works until end of turn only - so you must win 'strategy' roll Vs Chimera with strategist 2...
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The king

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Well I'm ranked 17... With 70+ matches. I also played during closed beta.... So I too know what I'm talking about.

Idk what the first part of your reply is about...

My point is, instead of crying OP, why is no one talking of ways to deal with a heavy casting team? That's all a chimera is, and every race has anti Mage units, or anti Mage attacks/debuffs. This game is about strategy, not crying to the devs to make units fit ur purpose. Ur team comp should be able to handle any scenario... From heavy melee to heavy casting.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 9:41 pm

The king wrote:Well I'm ranked 17... With 70+ matches. I also played during closed beta.... So I too know what I'm talking about.

Idk what the first part of your reply is about...

My point is, instead of crying OP, why is no one talking of ways to deal with a heavy casting team? That's all a chimera is, and every race has anti Mage units, or anti Mage attacks/debuffs. This game is about strategy, not crying to the devs to make units fit ur purpose. Ur team comp should be able to handle any scenario... From heavy melee to heavy casting.

Chimera is a bit more than a heavy caster, she is a powerful warrior-mage as well as having good stats where it matters. Unless your using Wolfen; moving in to melee her is undesireable since she can hit back as hard as most units. Ram mage counters are not nearly good enough to keep her restrained and fight off her units at the same time. None of the Ram champions are particularly well equipped to fight her either. Her high toughness and regen and auto-life make her shrug off most blows that come her way from Archers including Silienne. Arinius is just a joke to Chimera same as Melmoth.

Yes Wolfen can counter her but they are also the only faction that can and only because they have a direct counter and powerful offensive units to do her in fast.

MhBlis

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Middle of the way can counter the Chimera a number of us have said that. But there alone is you've made our point. You are required to build your army in a certain way to just have a chance at winning. The Chimera dictates both the faction and your method of play, OP or simply means bad design.

Also middle of the way is so easy to play around.
- It's an expensive unit that you have to pick in you're already limited Wolf company.
- It becomes dedicated to stopping the casting of the Chimera and forces your company to group up to stay safe

Both of these effectively gives your opponent board control.

- Since you know the range you can easily stay out of it since you can cast into it.

Unless your caster is leading the charge you can still pick off units.

- If the opponent has archers it isn't that hard to pick off your one defensive unit and then you're entire strategy falls apart with no way to recover

- As pointed out the Chimera doesn't suffer this same problem.

As a side note I generally use a combination of archers and self sacrificing Sparks to accomplish this bottom of turn 2 top of turn 3.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum