It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Chimera

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Malice

Chimera

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 pm

The Chimera is overpowered. I don't even think that this is up for debate it is just too strong. It can knock out almost any 40 HP Champion from turn 2, every 40 HP Champion if it gets a melee attack that hits as well.

I am currently 27-0 with a Chimera based build and unless they also have a Chimera, I know the match is only going to end one way, unless they get a kill outright.

One way to decrease its power would be to make it so that Celestial Scourge is only cast once per activation.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Chimera

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

I am currently 27-0 with a Chimera based build and unless they also have a Chimera, I know the match is only going to end one way, unless they get a kill outright.

you needed 27 games to say something such obvious? :P

She simply needs to have ap cost rised to 300
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm

He was just being thorough in his investigation of the over-powered nature of the Chimera. ;)

Malice

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Also, no one else seems to have mentioned it on the forums, so thought I would put it out there.

A simple increase to 300 AP...... All champions should remain at 200 AP. If it was made to be 300 AP that would crush diversity in the lion army when the Chimera champion is chosen. A change in rules and/or stats are needed not AP.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 pm

(check the suggestions subforum)

I think theres a general consensus that Chimera is OP. But we haven't heard anything from the devs about what they are going to do about it.

MhBlis

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 4:49 am

Yeah two threads have conversations about it at the moment. But thankfully you have posted from a place of experience not just knee jerk reaction.

Here are some of the suggestion from the other threads
- Limit the number of times scourge can be cast per turn.
Not actually a fix since it would just drag out the same result by one maybe 2 turns. Tested by a few people who used this self imposed rule.

- Limit the number of times Scourge can be cast per game and still costing 6.
Turns out this is heading in the right direction but then you start running into how OP the Chimera is in all other aspects, She can also heal her entire army, buff them and is a solid melee unit as well.

- Reduce the amount of mana the Chimera generates a turn down to 4.
You end up in the same situation as earlier but it helps reduce the number of combat units you have to deal with on top of dealing with the Chimera

- Increase the costs of her spells.
Same as above.

- Decrease the range of scourge
Means she has to be put more at risk.

- Reduce Chimera stats to be less tough, Either HP, TOU, PAR and DOD

- Increase her cost to 300 AP

- Remove her Melee ability
This moves away from her rules and lore as written.

- Make her a normal caster.

From the other discussion it is clear that no single fix is going to work it is going to take a combination of fixes to resolves this and still maintain her as the Legendary Queen of Alahan.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 am

A simple increase to 300 AP...... All champions should remain at 200 AP. If it was made to be 300 AP that would crush diversity in the lion army when the Chimera champion is chosen. A change in rules and/or stats are needed not AP.

What diversity? It was confirmed that not all heroes will have same price in the future and making 100ap smaller band is not a problem at all... in closed beta players was forced to make new band each game when army size was forced by the smaller party.

Nerfing her to level of regular units would be really bad. As i remember she was biggest Living Leggend in whole Confrontation 3.0 :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 7:49 pm

How long can take simple nerf of Chimera while everyone agrees that she is far to strong - even one Scourge per turn makes her obviosly best hero.

phil413ican

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I think they are collecting all the data from the survey they did last week before deciding what to do. Although a change in her AP would be a quick fix.

MhBlis

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 2:15 am

To be honest I think the survey is their way of trying to work out what to do with the game as a whole actually.

The Chimera has been an obvious problem since day 1.

To be honest with the lack of feedback from the Devs and no discussion about how they see the game playing out I''m getting the sinking feeling they don't know themselves what they want from it.

The AP fix for the Chimera would go a long way to helping but it would still be unbalanced since she still has so much of an impact by herself. I'd add Scourge being able to be cast only once per turn on top of that. My personal favorite is

- Increase cost to 300 AP
- Make Scourge a 4x per game spell with a cost of 6 mana.
- Perhaps a further TOU, PAR, DOD nerf as well after further testing.
Next

Return to General Forum