It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Chimera

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Chimera

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 6:12 am

Middle way is really not such great counter

you need to:

- Win strategy roll (50% with Kelrys and Emerok, less with Ryskar)
- Activate Guardian of Equilibrium first and move it in front of forces loosing an option to cast offensive miracle
- Stay no farther than 2-3 hexes from Guardian for the turn duration.

Really taking down few newbies doesn't make this great counter. Even with 3 guardians of Equilibrium in my current party i need much worse enemy to have chance to win...

The problem with Chimera is that she is far more offensive than archer hero - but still have 60 hp, high Tou and really good hth STR... while not so deadly Archer lady can be killed in one strong attack.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 am

Not to mention she pretty much never fails a cast even when she's lost health. and she can heal multiple of her units back to full health if she's given an opportunity. I think Guardian Angel shouldn't be able to be casted on the caster, it doesn't fit the description of the spell. How can the Chimera be her own Guardian Angel? It just ends with that spell only ever being used on her because no other unit can compete with her for importance.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 am

I think Guardian Angel shouldn't be able to be casted on the caster, it doesn't fit the description of the spell.
Since 2-3 versions im saying that Guardian should not be casted on Legendaries (now on heroes)

and IMO Guardian would be great add on for Lion Enchanter - becouse currently Vs non Acheron army he is somehow useless with one buff per 2 rounds.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:and IMO Guardian would be great add on for Lion Enchanter - becouse currently Vs non Acheron army he is somehow useless with one buff per 2 rounds.

Maybe their own version of the spell without the regen. I know without Chimera they don't exactly have alot of healing but even Wolfen (who really need it) don't have an uninteruptable regen.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Maybe their own version of the spell without the regen. I know without Chimera they don't exactly have alot of healing but even Wolfen (who really need it) don't have an uninteruptable regen.

But regen on Lion units is much weaker than on Wolfens - becouse almost all Lion unit can die in one turn - When i play Kelrys - killing 3-4 swordsman/bowmans in a row in one activation is nothing exceptional when i have 3 Equilibrium guardians and crossbowman to open them up first.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Astralwyrm wrote:Maybe their own version of the spell without the regen. I know without Chimera they don't exactly have alot of healing but even Wolfen (who really need it) don't have an uninteruptable regen.

But regen on Lion units is much weaker than on Wolfens - becouse almost all Lion unit can die in one turn - When i play Kelrys - killing 3-4 swordsman/bowmans in a row in one activation is nothing exceptional when i have 3 Equilibrium guardians and crossbowman to open them up first.

Maybe it would be ok since it is 4 mana... I guess it depends how it would play out against Ram, the ones most effected by the Enchanter.

MhBlis

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 2:28 am

It would actually solidify his support role much better and make him a viable choice in a take all army.

He then has to option to support through healing or buffing. Niche abilities always brings the problem of being only partially useful ever. ie Scourge Undead when there is only one undead faction of 9.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 6:55 pm

for all gods sake - how long can take to fix one unit?

i want to play few games after a weak offline and 2 of 3 games i face chimera and get annoyed each time... srsly this one fix and all other issues can wait another weak or two...

MhBlis

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 am

Question it this way.

Is the Chimera OP or is a large chunk of the other units UP?

If it is the latter then it is a slow fix because you have to bring up the toughness of all those unit into line.

To be honest from my own testing outside the game I'm tempted to say this is actually the better route. There are just too many units that roll over when you look in their direction that it isn't worth bringing them to the game or to commit them to serve in a defensive position.

But yes the forum is pretty much the same four people talking amongst ourselves and the whole development and testing cycle has come to a halt now for two weeks.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 6:05 am

+100ap will do the trick quite fine.
Because without this balancing whole lion (and partially Ram/wolf) faction is far much harder...
Previous

Return to General Forum