It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Killed Outright

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: Killed Outright

PostTue Jun 24, 2014 10:28 am

Yeah you have to commit too many unit to kill a unit that has grabbed one. That is even if they didn't run away or if they don't bring their own units to the fight.

I agree well see how the patch goes.,

SulkingKING

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 2:43 am

I so far use an army (500 AP roughly) of three units with the ability that has a chance to activate "Killed outright", and Ryskar. With this I have an army of four units and can kill troops of 8-12 units + champion. I win and lose on nearly even levels, and get "Killed outright" to occur only once in a game out of five games. That's with me using that ability on all four units every turn I can.

The chance is not that high at all, but I agree that it should be changed from an instant kill. I think it depends on the unit really. If it is a regular unit then it should have the chance to instantly kill it and if it is a champion then it should have a chance to seriously injure it, if it is not already seriously injured (if so, allow instant death roll).

I know they say they're watching to see if they should remove injuries or not, but it acts as a good level of saying what percent of an enemy's HP is left and how weakened they are-- A unit that can barely stand, let alone fight off a mob of four units should have a higher chance of dying than one who is fresh and ready to take on a hoard of invaders.

~SulkingKING

MhBlis

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 5:18 am

This thread was actually posted before they changed how Killed Outright works. Though it does need some looking at still in a few cases.

The injuries they are talking about that they removed was the injuries units could sustain after a battle. ie. Battle Scars +1fear and Broken arm -1ACC. You had to buy a ducats item to fix them up.

phil413ican

PostThu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Yesterday I had my hero KO'd in the second turn after the second attack. Over all I think the percentages are much better now, but I still think that is too big of a swing in the game if your hero gets KO'd. I think that all heroes should be immune to being Killed Outright.

MhBlis

PostThu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Which Hero were you using?

I can see that being an option for the melee hero's but I don't think it should be so for the ranged Hero. Most of them never need to be put at risk while being effective.

To be honest I'm in two minds, it is far too much of a swing early game to lose a hero like that but at the same time it adds a real element of chance to the game which brings in some excitment.

phil413ican

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am

It was Kerberos. He revived to 30 ap and was promptly KO'd again by the next unit that attacked.

ShadowChapel

PostTue Oct 28, 2014 4:42 am

Just going to bump this, I have had a couple of games where it was over before turn 3 just because of a good killed outright. Not to mention that because of how Wolfen are this puts them at an extreme disadvantage if this happens early on in the game. Now thankfully I have only been on the receiving end once, to a lion player... he managed to take out my Ryskar and Rampart of the Graves by turn 2...

Killed outright doesn't really add anything to the game and it takes away from balancing it. If anything is going to be killed outright it should be by the standards of the game e.g. If an enemy champion hits a very low toughness opponent and can do enough damage to kill it in one hit. This random roll nonsense frustrates new players and veterans alike.

I get what you are trying to do with the elixers, by hopefully balancing out a game by giving a point to another player that is losing, or just to add intensity to an otherwise stalemated game. (also given how the champion skills and orders work just for that as well, so really more then one reason, but which came out to a clunky and strange attempt at balance) Which more often then not is random to the point where that point can go either way anyways.

I think a simpler solution would be to simply remove the point cost of using the champions ability and instead implement it another way, and keep victory points as victory points only.

But I mean there really is work that needs to be done on this game before you lose the whole player base that supports it.
Currently you have some fans that really want the game to succeed and do well, because it is a really fun game. I love the idea behind it. You just have to keep it up, or this game will become another one of many games that is just on steam and won't ever get big.

(Btw these are just my opinions, and I'm sure many people have thought of many ways to balance out this game.)
/rantover

Astralwyrm

PostTue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 am

I'll say what i said long ago before it was implemented, Kill Outright is too extreme as a very random factor and it should only be on a unit designed around it. Like say the Development team decided to change Head Shot into a Kill Outright attack, you would balance it by having a massive Acc malus so Silienne would have to get up close with Auspice to hit anything with it. Meaning if she could use this she would have to very sure she wasn't going to die after using it. It would be quite a checkmate for Kerberos though. That is more like the balance and tactics players want to see, not this 10% to one shot from the other side of the map silliness.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Killed Outright even breaks through Mortal Insolence >.> it's a total joke. 2 games in a row ended prematurely because Kill Outright took any chance of winning from me =/

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Oct 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Killed Outright even breaks through Mortal Insolence

srsly? :D

but to be honest Mortal Insolence is the same type of rule like KO - its something that mess hard with base game mechanics ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum