It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

phil413ican

Re: Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 4:50 pm

The defensive stance ends as soon as you reactivate the unit. I know it still shows it in affect, because it is until you use it. I believe it is as intended right now. You just have to remember that the effect is gone once you activate it. I guess if they removed the stats as soon as you started to move it... I don't know. The problem is you can select a unit and then choose to use another unit, which would leave the defensive stance active. So leaving it as is may not be the most straight forward, but the best we can have.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Did you do some sort of test to figure this out or are you just guessing? I would rather hear it from the devs if your not 100% sure.

phil413ican

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 5:57 am

If you watch the rolls in the situation you will see that once reactivated the percentages are pre-defensive stance when you leave engagements... I just follow the rolls and when I get hit after thinking that I should have had a low percent I go back and look over to see what happens. Its something I have observed for quite some time, but if you would rather hear it explained by the Devs I understand. :)

Astralwyrm

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 9:59 am

I don't totally understand how the rolls work since i don't really ever look at it. But i can see that the right set of numbers are always the same so if thats the percentage chance then that would confirm that the effect doesn't continue for attack of opportunity calculations.

SaitoAOG

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 2:04 am

Bugs:

Kain, as in the hero:

Exhausting touch behaves absolutely 0% of the time like it is meant to, often doing nothing to the targets damage.

Exhausting touch not bouncing after its first bounce

Exhausting touch randomly disappearing for no reason.

Codex of Scourge:

When Kain dies it takes effect instantly, even though Kain should be kept alive at 1 health until the end of the turn, the result of this is often a lost turn for no reason as he pretty much swaps places as is still considered the Kain that moved that turn.

Paladin aura:

Works on enemies

Fist of kain:

sometimes only performs this attack, and then abruptly ends the turn before you can normally attack.

1/2 of a hero character is bugged

though im in the camp that finds undead's faith style unusable, especially on kain and would rather see the entire character reworked, there are still a ton of bugs involving Kain.

Edit: EVEN MORE GLITCHES :D

Codex of scourge:

Sometimes gives the elixars at his first death

Elixar's are awarded before his actual death

Elixars can be double awarded for killing kain (or higher (untested)) because as stated before, exlixs. will be given out before his death, sometimes being hit additional times will award even more. (i had a game where my opponent went from 0 to 9 in 1 turn because kain bugged horribly)

Kain will either revive with 1 health, his health before the last attack, the Paladin's hp, or, in the most awesome circumstances, he will revive with 0 health, and promptly die a second time.

im done with this game, learn to develop, if you are having difficulty making a game thats turn based, not glitchy and horribly imbalanced, you shouldn't be making one, this isn't a real time game, things this fucked up shouldn't be happening especially when its been in development so long. its been more than half a year, there is no reason for this game to be in this state. also, what the fuck guys? did you seriously put some social network gaming shit into a game you want to actually be played on steam?

peace.
Last edited by SaitoAOG on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Steco91

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 1:37 pm

The season finished and I ended in position 9, however no cyan reward was added, not a single one. What's up with that? Position 1~10 is supposed to get 50 cyans. Also, the missions that give ducats and renown bonus arent giving anything. You just lose and ducats in the process for nothing.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 1:48 pm

it might just be lagging, i got my cyans just now when i logged in, if you don't get it when you next log in yeah it may be a bug.

phil413ican

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Steco91 are you level 20? If not then you don't get the reward. :( I personally think this is a bit more a detraction than an incentive to play. (That you have to be level 20 to earn the rewards for the monthly tournament.)

Astralwyrm

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 pm

I was wandering how calculations work with Acc vs Par and encirclement. One thing i've noticed a few times is say if a Gargoyle uses Offensive Stance and attacks an enemy unit with a couple of allies adjacent to it he manages sometimes to not to be hit by a reposte or attack from the enemy unit. So a 0 par unit can avoid being hit in melee with the help of encirclement + maybe Fear/Injury?

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 pm

So a 0 par unit can avoid being hit in melee with the help of encirclement + maybe Fear/Injury?

It has been mentioned many times - Par 0 its not auto hit - its simply Par 0 ;)
so unit with 4 ACC have 100% and unit with ACC 10 have 130% but unit with ACC10 and 3 enemy units in contact have 85% ... and if wounded and scared there can be another -35%
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum