It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

PostSun Aug 10, 2014 3:18 am

Thats Ambidextrous' effect kicking in most likely. When i checked the description for it i noticed that the description says "she can return an attack regardless of the outcome"

The move isn't restricted to female units so it shouldn't be written in that way.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 15, 2014 3:18 am

The buff description and the spell description for Mask of Ghandar both describe different effects. The descriptions of mask of ghandar on a unit states that it is a +2 fear for 2 turns effect, the spell description states it's a +4 fear effect until the end of the unit's next activation.

Also unlike other buffs that effect stats Mask of Ghandar's +fear effect isn't displayed in the unit's stats whilst it has the buff in effect.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Thats Ambidextrous' effect kicking in most likely. When i checked the description for it i noticed that the description says "she can return an attack regardless of the outcome"

The move isn't restricted to female units so it shouldn't be written in that way.

Nope actually i just found this while i was testing in medium training, Knight of the Lion charges and hits, Melmoth attacks back twice. That shouldn't happen. I tested it with Valkyrie too and she does it as well. Ambidextrous is bugged so that the unit always gets to attack back regardless of the outcome and they get the attack back that ambidextrous is actually ment to be doing. Meaning you get an instance where the unit hits back twice when the unit only hit them once and wasn't parried

Edit: What am i on about knight of the lion >.> i realised my mistake using that example because the valkyrie always gets her repost and her ambidextrous strike. I tested against the Wolfen, the Wolfen hits the Valkyrie/Melmoth twice successfully the Valkyrie/Melmoth hit back three times when they never got a successful parry to make that third hit possible.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 1:28 am

I tested it with Valkyrie too and she does it as well.

as i remember my Valkyrie/CS/Ambidex games only problem i had was that sometimes - martial inspiration + counter strike is "dispelled" somehow.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 am

I noticed that too but you already reported that. I used a rather bad example because i forgot Valkyrie/melmoth get a repost just like everyone else lol... Test it yourself Medium training wolf, get one of the wolves to successfully hit Valkyrie twice while martial and counter attack are up. She hits back 3 times, 1 is her repost, 1 is her ambidextrous strike, the 3rd is her parry strike which she did not earn.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 am

but im simply not sure about current ambidex description - how it should work ;)

and again - with current Valk - even now its quite ok becouse those ladies are fragile like hell
but its insane hard to kill melmoth in HtH now.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 am

You might be right i guess we'll have to see what gets changed.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 am

<Riposte> is a free strike granted to every unit. It's independent from <Counter Attack>.
<Counter Attack> will grant an additional strike for each parry.
<Ambidextrous> will convert <Counter Attack> trigger from "each parry" to "each attack".

This means that when a unit has Ambidextrous, it will automatically strike back for every suffered attack, + 1 strike from Riposte.
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Astralwyrm

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Cool thanks for clearing that up Leg =)

phil413ican

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 pm

I just had another game interrupted which gave me a lost. It was also happening with another player right before my game. Super-Viser had it happen a couple of times this afternoon he said. So its not an isolated issue with me or my computer or internet since both were still working fine. I was still in game, but discounted from the match. This is the 5th or 6th time this has happened to me in the past few weeks.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum