It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 11:55 am

I need to test it some but did the devs ninja War Gargoyle? At the end of turn 2 i think it was my Garg used War Fury then on turn 3 he didn't reposte the swordsman that attacked him. Maybe it was like that before i can't remember but it's just a bit odd, i didn't see any changes to War Fury's discription. When i can i'll run him through training just to be sure.

phil413ican

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Had you activated the Garg on turn 3 yet? I think it worked like offensive stance, no parry until you used it on the next turn.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 6:11 pm

phil413ican wrote:Had you activated the Garg on turn 3 yet? I think it worked like offensive stance, no parry until you used it on the next turn.

But thats it, it didn't work like that and the description states that the effect ends when the turn ends. I need to look at it more closely but i'm busy at the moment.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 am

So i had another look at it and currently War Fury is working oddly i'll have to check the other units with it to see if they do the same. I'm not sure if this was exactly how it was before new changes were added or not. But when the War Fury effect stays into the next turn which according to the description it's not supposed to; parry returns to normal but the unit keeps the not able to reposte malus until they are activated and War Fury dissappears.

I also noticed that according to the descriptions of the skill and the effect. War Fury isn't able to be used in conjunction with any orders regardless of if they have Savage or not. Not sure if that was a recent change or what but giving most/all of these units Savage seems to make the Savage mechanic of War Fury described redundant. For those who haven't read it according to the effect War Fury carries a Savage malus when you use it and according to the skill War Fury cannot be activated if on that activation that unit has received an order before activating War Fury. So it is quite impossible to give an order and use War Fury in a single activation even without those units carrying the Savage attribute in their base attributes. Ryskar is proof that War fury works this way currently as he gains Savage when he activates the skill.

edit: I thought maybe they tried to fix Kain's elixir skill but i guess Kain's War Fury effect isn't the same War Fury effect that troops get because his reposte bug is still there. The bug is definitely tied to the War Fury skill as Ryskar is also effected by this.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

No uhh... nevermind >.> i just got confused between one unit and another.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm

ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

soyercold

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 pm

How i can fix this "tips tips tips?"

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 am

i got this bug only once
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Colour changes to champions aren't reflected in their portraits.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 pm

I thought i would ask this because i've kind of always assumed it worked this way and have never seen any reason to doubt that it works this way because it has always seemed to pay off for me. But it's not really described in it's effects and i know that certain statistics thrown at us in the game are often incorrect.

Defensive Stance was used on my unit last turn, i now have to activate him, the statistics show me the chances of being hit by Attacks of opportunity with Defensive Stance's increased dodge in the calculation. The Defensive Stance animation remains on the unit until i move the unit and not until that movement has finished being animated. Does the dodge bonus carry on through this unit's next movement when it is activated like the animations and statistics seem to suggest? And to be clear the animation disappears after your first movement, if say you move 3 spaces out of your unit's 5 movement range and then choose to move with the remaining 2. The animation/statistics/effects have all vanished after that first movement the second movement will be unbuffed.

Is it intended? are the descriptions simply lacking this important detail? I use to rely on it pretty heavily in VIP, defensive stance my powerful wolfen unit, then next turn rush right through the enemy lines and catch their notable with an offensive stance and often end the game.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum