It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Something is very wrong with my game client.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

SoulCollector

Something is very wrong with my game client.

PostFri May 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Hello all.

I haven't got a single game in about 2 days. This all started 2 days ago, I didn't have much time to play so I just queued a couple of times (to get my daily bonus) that went beyond 7 minutes but I didn't get any kind of response from the game, just the timer, so I thought the number of player was just small at that time of the day and left.

Yesterday I logged in and the first thing I noticed is a problem with connecting to steam from my side, after I restarded steam and connected with no further issues I started DoW and even though the game connected me without problems, on the top left of the screen the game was telling me that "the user was already connected" but I was logged in without problems so I just didnt pay attention to that and started chatting and looking for a game. This is when the nightmare started, I was there, Mex was there, Amon was there, DeathAdvocate was there and yet I couldn't get a single game, not from 250 bracket that I tried to queue to play with Mex (3 tries of 15 minutes + 3 tries of 5 minutes) and neither from 400 (2 queues of 6 minutes). The game just didn't gave any response of an available game for me, just the timer going on, the only thing that I noticed was the timer would reset after some minutes (some times 2 minutes, some times 5 or more) and go back to 0 but wihtout showing me any kind of pop up window or anything at all, some people that were queuing to help me get a game told me they got games where the opponent didn't accept the match.

I tryed to restart the game, to manualy disconnect and reconnect, to be back after 2 hours and nothing, no change, still the same thing happening, just the timer going on and reseting after a while.

Is it possible that the pop up is not showing up for me so I can never accept a game I can't see and my queue resets and I go back to the queue in some kind of endless loop? This could also be a probable reason for other people like me (previous problem) when seeing games that are not being accepted one after the other.

I'm at a loss here, something is definitly wrong with my Client but I have no clue of what it is. I brought some files from my home computer to work in case you need them, just tell me what to send you.

Visualy there is nothing wrong with the game, I can use all parts of the game normaly, I only can't get a match.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Bousk

Site Admin

Re: Something is very wrong with my game client.

PostFri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi,

I understand your issue but have no explanation.. That's really pretty weird.
Do you use the automatic connection ? Do your mates use it also ?
Can you send me your log files when it happened ? And tell me the datetime you noticed that ?
Can you launch solo games or challenge friends ? Without any problem from start to end of game ?
Does your friendlist update when a friend (dis)connects ?

Sorry for all the questions and the inconvenience. :/
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

SoulCollector

PostFri May 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Bousk wrote:Hi,

I understand your issue but have no explanation.. That's really pretty weird.
Do you use the automatic connection ? Do your mates use it also ?
Can you send me your log files when it happened ? And tell me the datetime you noticed that ?
Can you launch solo games or challenge friends ? Without any problem from start to end of game ?
Does your friendlist update when a friend (dis)connects ?

Sorry for all the questions and the inconvenience. :/

Ok. I will test all of this later when I get home. Just a few things, what do you mean by automatic connection? like auto log in?. Also what are the name of the files I should send you? can I send them to you now? or does it need to be right after the problem (in this case when the timer goes back to 0).

Bousk

Site Admin

PostFri May 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes the autologin, the checkbox on login screen to automatically connect on future launch.

The useful files are in My Documents/DogsOfWar folder : lobbymanager.log, lua.log and dogsofwar.log
These files are erased at each launch, so you have to close your client, copy and send them right after the issue occurs.

SoulCollector

PostSat May 10, 2014 3:51 am

Bousk wrote:Yes the autologin, the checkbox on login screen to automatically connect on future launch.

The useful files are in My Documents/DogsOfWar folder : lobbymanager.log, lua.log and dogsofwar.log
These files are erased at each launch, so you have to close your client, copy and send them right after the issue occurs.

Ok. Done all the testing on my side and I got the the logs ready, do you guys have an email for me to send them? do I post them here? do you need more information after I tested on my side?

Bousk

Site Admin

PostSat May 10, 2014 1:21 pm

You can attach them here, via MP or our support website.

For now, there is nothing more I can do or say. I hope to get more information of your issue by reading your logs. :geek:

Is your computer old ? Have you ever tried with another one ?

Return to General Forum