It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

The New Game

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

MhBlis

The New Game

PostWed May 07, 2014 5:21 am

So is it just me or have other people been finding opponents that just leave the game at the first opportunity if it's not a mode they want to play?

I've had a fair number of these and even saw it suggested in chat.

Not only is it annoying but it seems to mess with your games in the ladder. I've had some of them not show up and even victories and losses without points.

Bousk

Site Admin

Re: The New Game

PostWed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

Hi,

leaving after start of adjustment step, and before deployment, leads to a leave and loss of fiability.
The lower your fiability, the longer to match opponent.
This leave is not taken into account for the ladder for now. In case of abuse, this could be changed (and retroactive).
After start of deployment, it's considered as a normal loss for the ladder and game rewards.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

MhBlis

PostWed May 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank you for the answer but I hope you see it doesn't actually address the problem.

- At low population que times you are just going to get them again since so few people to match with.
- You are not actually prevented from doing it.
- The player that doesn't quit gets bumped to the back of the que at busy times so it effectively punishes both players.
- Your score is unaffected so you can still abuse playing only one mode but it's a hassle so people are likely to just leave in the end.

This leave is not taken into account for the ladder for now. In case of abuse, this could be changed (and retroactive).
After start of deployment, it's considered as a normal loss for the ladder and game rewards.

The first part explains and make sense as to why a number of my games don't show up in my ladder score. If a player quits on the loading screen just after list conformation but before deployment starts the game doesn't count. (this is where most of these quits are occurring since here you get to see what mode you are playing)

The second though means there is a problem since I have a number of games not showing up. ie I played against jedi... tonight and the server disconnected one of us. For him the ladder reflected it as a loss and for myself my score and stats were unchanged even 5 hours and another game later.

As I said in the OP these quick quits often just after deployment or after loosing a key piece in the first turn or two now don't always seem to update the ladder appropriately for both players.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostWed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm

MhBlis wrote:The second though means there is a problem since I have a number of games not showing up. ie I played against jedi... tonight and the server disconnected one of us. For him the ladder reflected it as a loss and for myself my score and stats were unchanged even 5 hours and another game later.

Could you please give more information when this will happen again (if it happens again).
I would need the datetime and opponent name, to find your game in my logs. :geek:
If you can also notice your rating before/after game, it would be awesome!
It's pretty weird that a such major issue would be still running, as we never noticed that.
If an error occurs during postmatch process, noone of players are rewarded and ladder is not updated. There is no way for only 1 of 2 player getting rewards and updating his ladder. :shock:

MhBlis wrote:As I said in the OP these quick quits often just after deployment or after loosing a key piece in the first turn or two now don't always seem to update the ladder appropriately for both players.

Quit after deployment (or later, in fact after you see the game 3D map) is considered as a leave (if you didn't concede through menu).
If your opponent leaves or concedes, you're granted a victory.

SoulCollector

PostWed May 07, 2014 4:04 pm

I have a similar problem but for me it happens even before the pre-match window appears.

I go search for a game, then alt-tab to surf the web for the 5 minutes or more I know it always take to find an opponent , I hear the bell and I go right back to the game, at this point I can see the popup window to accept the match or cancel it but even before I can click on accept (2 seconds after I hear the bell) the pop up window goes away and I go back to queue, the game tells me my opponent didn't accept the match so I go back to queue. Either this or just we both accept and the game never goes to pre-match window and gets stuck on synchronizing and then get back to queue.

This happens to me about 8-10 times and day some times even more and I'm not the only one and I don't think they cancel the game due to the fact that is not even pre-match window so they don't even know what kind of game we will have.

So... the long wait times for queue are fixed in a very strange way, I don't have 20 minutes queues anymore but I have 4 queues of 5 minutes before I can play a game. :cry:

Bousk

Site Admin

PostWed May 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi,

your "problem" has nothing to see with the one mentioned in the original post.

As you see in the game window, your opponent refused the game. So you're put back to matchmaking.
That's a totally normal behaviour and there is nothing strange about that.

If you're stuck on "synchronizing" step, many things can happen.
- your opponent does not synchronize, for whatever reason (disconnection, huge lag, ..)
- you don't synchronize, for one of same reasons
If you get back to the queue, then you synchronized well but your opponent didn't.
Again, nothing wrong with that.

If you believe anything wrong happened, next time send me your log files and notice datetime it happened.
But, really, I don't think so. Sometimes things just go well. ;)

SoulCollector

PostWed May 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Bousk wrote:Hi,

your "problem" has nothing to see with the one mentioned in the original post.

As you see in the game window, your opponent refused the game. So you're put back to matchmaking.
That's a totally normal behaviour and there is nothing strange about that.

If you're stuck on "synchronizing" step, many things can happen.
- your opponent does not synchronize, for whatever reason (disconnection, huge lag, ..)
- you don't synchronize, for one of same reasons
If you get back to the queue, then you synchronized well but your opponent didn't.
Again, nothing wrong with that.

If you believe anything wrong happened, next time send me your log files and notice datetime it happened.
But, really, I don't think so. Sometimes things just go well. ;)

If it's like that then the queue system is horrible and should be changed, just put yourself in my shoes (if this is a normal behavior). I go on queue I wait 5 minutes, I get a game, the game doesn't go to pre-match window, I go back to queue, I wait 5 minutes, I get a game, the game doesn't go to pre-match window, I wait 5 minutes, I get a game, the game doesn't go to pre-match window, I wait 5 minutes, I get a game, the game doesn't go to pre-match window. At that point I already waited 20 minutes and I didn't play a single game, this happenes to me every single day since the last patch, some times is not as bad some times it is worst and I have to leave the game before I kill a puppy. :twisted:

This feels like if someone was purposely in queue and every time he gets a game he press cancel just to piss other people off.

I have been playing this game for more than 4 months and honestly This never happened to me, I had long waits and a few games that never made it to pre-match window but this is crazy, if I was a new players trying to play 250 AP (that's the only bracket I play) and I experience something similar I would never be back, 20 minutes waiting for a game is not acceptable.

This days I find my self playing 2-3 games a day, I love the game but the waiting times are just crazy.

MhBlis

PostWed May 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Not related to my problem but I can second Souls problem. Also I know for a fact that my opponent isn't hitting refuse since I tested it with a friend of mine. Confirming that he got a match each time I did so it is most likely vs me. Each time the window would pop up and before I could hit ok it would disappear.

phil413ican

PostThu May 08, 2014 3:50 am

I had something similar to what Soul was describing happen to me a couple times tonight. An error message about the "pregame" came up after a match was found. It was rather long, so I don't remember all of it. The next time I will try and right it down if I can before it goes away. After I would have to start the queue back up.

A friend of mine said it happened to him several times earlier so he just quit trying to play.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostThu May 08, 2014 10:39 am

Actually there is no problem on our server logs related to this.
Please contact our support when it happens, or come back here and send your log files and the datetime. There is nothing more I can do with the actual information.

But your scenario is possible.
very few players noticed that they can search for a game while playing solo. I guess this is checked by default. New player plays his training, sees the match found popup and just cancels it.
Next

Return to General Forum