It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

The New Game

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

SoulCollector

Re: The New Game

PostThu May 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Bousk wrote:But your scenario is possible.
very few players noticed that they can search for a game while playing solo. I guess this is checked by default. New player plays his training, sees the match found popup and just cancels it.

Bingo!. I think you just solve the mistery, that scenario does sound very possible. Maybe have that option be turned off on next patch (or as soon as possible if it's a simple change) and see if it continues.

Thank in advance.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon May 12, 2014 9:28 am

Unfortunately, I do not think this is the problem.

This checkbox is unchecked by default, and it is very unlikely that new players activate it before playing without even understanding what it does.

And even if it were so, it wouldn't relate to the number of problems accounted for in this thread.

It really looks like a server issue to me... though it could come from other (overlooked) manipulations like alt-tabbing causing a problem with the confirmation pop-up - for example.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

MhBlis

PostMon May 12, 2014 9:49 am

Either way the number of dropped games and the quit out games is getting out of hand. I've actually struggled to get games in this past week. I just don't have the patience to keep having to reque because people refuse to play certain game modes or I got dropped into a different bracket, rearranged my army and then have the game not go through.

It really is all good an well to say those people that quit like that get lower priority in match making but when there is only a small group of people in the que this doesn't have any affect.

I get what you guys are trying to do here and commend it but right now it feels like there are parts of this system missing and it's hurting overall play.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon May 12, 2014 10:28 am

Sorry MhBlis, this thread discussion somehow drifted out of your original report.

We are still taking what you reported into consideration.
We believe that your problem will be solved with the next patch, and improved further with the patch coming after the next patch.

I can not say too much about that right now but I believe an official statement will be made in the days to come in order for you all to understand where the game is going, and what we intend to do to fix this problem (and many others) with the patches to come.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

MhBlis

PostTue May 13, 2014 1:34 am

Thanks you for that. Still great to see how involved you guys are with keeping us all in the loop.

Axxey

PostWed May 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if this also effects it at times, the PvP que while in a training game doesn't work, it pops up but doesn't transfer over correctly and pops up with opponent has left message(or something of the sort, doing by memory) then tries to move to the starting PvP game screen when you start another training game(then pops up with another message).

On a side note having created another account to test out another race the zero XP from training is rediculously bad and a horendous error if trying to actually attract new people. Leveling units and adjusting army for them(and some units dont work for shit without leveling) is a big part of game which you remove for any new people so they wont get into the game at all.

You removed training missions abuse being able to be played over and over for rewards but you removed the first time through XP rewards as well.

Deep Blue

PostWed May 14, 2014 10:45 pm

i think this is why they are doing major changes to the game... and yeah i agree that new players have a huge barrier before enjoying the game. I also have to say that i almost completely stopped playing...not because the game is not fun...is just that i've no real reason to play other than having those 1-2 matches just to kill some time. I'm filthy rich and explored most combinations + have most units named and painted...i've no reason to compete and try to reach top 10 simply because somebody who can play more than me will ALWAYS be in front of me even if i've a very good win ratio.

Mind you, i'm obviously ok that people who can play more get also more rewarded but some attention should be paid also to those players who can't play those 30-50 matches per week (tournaments + entry tickets payable with cyans/ducats?).
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

MhBlis

PostThu May 15, 2014 12:03 am

For the current ladder my suggestion would be something like this

Minimum number of games before your score counts. ie 10 for the week.
Minimum of 1 game in each scenario.
Only count your score for your last 10 games.
With a small rankings modifier for total number of games played.

This removes the whole only needing to play 3 games total a week.
Removes the massive gap between those who can play 50+ games a week and the rest but doesn't entirly remove their benefit for doing so.

It is not perfect and still requires some work but would bring it slightly more into line.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostThu May 15, 2014 10:13 am

Just for information, we have plans for a rework on the Ladder but it will have to come later.
Priority is on the rework of the game mode you saw in the news.
Dogs of War Online - Developper
Previous

Return to General Forum