It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

Anti-Run in deathmatch YEA!!

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Sernior

Anti-Run in deathmatch YEA!!

PostFri May 02, 2014 8:23 pm

I damn love the new anti-run in death match feature ... what I dont like is the compulsory vip/koth but good job anyways for now.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Anti-Run in deathmatch YEA!!

PostSat May 03, 2014 12:55 am

this fix is indeed great work - im not sure if it blocks abusing by running with legendaries ;)

but still its best solution so far and probably good enough.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

SoulCollector

PostSat May 03, 2014 3:02 am

Well it definitly fix the problem with DM runners but I got a pretty dumb draw on KoH yesterday, due to the fact that this was probably my second KoH game ever. I let the opponent get early points by using DM tactics and divided my company into a pincer attack formation, half of my company was inside the point area, the other half was outside closing in the enemy using the left area of the map. After 5 turns the opponet had 1 level 3 Skeleton Warrior with 6 HPs left and I had 75% of my army still alive, at this point he was winning by 50 points or so, the last turn he just ran away from harm keeping his unit inside the point area, the turn ended and he won by points, I won by units (or at least I think I did) and it was a draw. :shock:

Like I said this was probably due to me using the wrong tactics but come on... :lol:

Edit: Another KoH game and another draw, is there a way not to draw in this retarded game mode? :x

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

Edit: Another KoH game and another draw, is there a way not to draw in this retarded game mode? :x

i got draw on KotH only once with Skydancer as i remember. Koth can be annoying and its puzzle game over strategy but it needs thinking - problem is that "puzzle thinking" ;)
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Sat May 03, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSat May 03, 2014 11:45 am

always said that KoTH can be a draw festival. The solution is simply like that:

if both teams get to 600 points, the one with the highest points win (to be fair, if the difference is more than 10 AP or else it is a draw)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat May 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I would prefer that win requite more than 50 or even more than 100 points than enemy - excluding a draws from it is not exacly good in such puzzle scenario where unit AP values are not precisely made for this game mode :P

skydancer

PostSat May 03, 2014 3:50 pm

The solution for KoTH mode is that only the difference in AP would be added to the score. So just who have much AP in Capzone add AP to the counter. If player A have 300 AP and player B 200 AP in capzone, just player A get 100 AP.

No more draw.
~ work in progress ~

MhBlis

PostSat May 03, 2014 5:41 pm

There is a problem with that. Since armies aren't all exactly the same AP value you can create situations where one side is forced to attack while the other turtles. The attacking side either loses a slow match or gives up points in the hopes they can kill enough of their opponent that they have the larger total AP value. It also makes ranged armies stupidly strong in that format.

The reason KotH in tournaments are either

- Hold a central zone

- Hold a zone in your opponents half of the table.

is that it forces you to get into combat and that you can't turtle. You could then make it the AP difference but you have created a situation where the 5-20AP difference no longer creates an auto lose situation.

Return to General Forum