It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Disfigured... x2?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Disfigured... x2?

PostWed Apr 23, 2014 4:24 pm

So i just finished a map and i was all happy about getting another disfigured Guardian of the Runes (I'm running 2 in my current build); when i looked in my roster i realised something i didn't know was possible. I knew that a Lonewolf could have tenacious rancor despite already being savage but i didn't realise you could have a unit which is disfigured multiple times. So question is... do they stack? is my guardian of the runes which now has 2 disfigured injuries now a 12 fear unit? Is there a limit to the number of these injuries that a unit can collect?
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Disfigured... x2?

PostWed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

fortunatly they don't stack as i knew.
But whole disfigured (+ whe WILL wound for undeads) is annoying as long it buffs only one or two factions. Especialy when in some cases +1FEAR is quite important for the balance.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Awww.... you spoiled my fun =( i wanted to make the golem scream in terror like a little girl as a pound of beaten flesh came hobbling towards him.

Deep Blue

PostWed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I've to admit that after despising so much mask of gandahr that offered +2 fear for 2 turns (rune guardian skill before ylia's love) now i've to admit i miss it as i realized how fear level is critical and 1 point more is the different between immunity or not.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Awww.... you spoiled my fun =( i wanted to make the golem scream in terror like a little girl as a pound of beaten flesh came hobbling towards him.

Cumulative Disfigured would be broken to the limits of reason :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostFri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 am

We intend to make the Fear bonus from Disfigured disappear with the next patch.

We are fully aware that it was fun while it lasted, but there are some aspects to it that do not fit in the current management.
Those injuries were intended to work in a game where you couldn't heal, or even prevent them (for the first versions of the game).

Those days it became way too easy to have a +1 Fear bonus on anyone in your army if you wish to, which effectively penalizes the Lion faction, and, to some extent, the Wolf faction that did not farm this injury.

The injury will stay, though. Only the bonus will go.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Astralwyrm

PostFri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 am

So... disfigured will become like warscar? or do you mean the bonus will be replaced with a malus?

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Apr 25, 2014 12:29 pm

i gues - Warscar

Deep Blue

PostFri Apr 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:i gues - Warscar

which i do not like you cannot show it in combat - even if it does nothing :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to General Forum