It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

skills not working

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

p122ab0y

skills not working

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 pm

I recently tested survival instinctivet on grave guardian. The methodology was by using offensive stance then letting AIR units in training hit me. 20/20 melee hits with 100% all landed. How is survival instinct suppose to work? Should I expect to see a toll of some sort in the logs?

Also I noticed on several occasions a direct contact btw a chimra with hyperion not casting fear on living dead. Its never worked for me against a necro
Last edited by p122ab0y on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: skills not working

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:08 pm

20/20 melee hits with 100% all landed. How is survival instinct suppose to work? Should I expect to see a toll of some sort in the logs?

its why fully random skill sucks :P
you can take 20 hits and nothing while other time i lost whole army Vs two wounded lions of war with survial :P

Also I noticed on several occasions a direct contact living dead not being feared

But Living deads are supposed to be immune to fear other than hyperian?
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 pm

random is random. Use also the assassin talent if you think strategy can be replaced by dices.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

p122ab0y

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:46 pm

The only synergy I can think of at present with assassin is with hunter (the most mobile unit currently in the game). With offensive Aura you have a 11% chance of crit per hit. Obviously they are independent events so this math isn't correct but lets just call that a 33% chance of at least 1 crit which is good enough to 1 turn kill a hb skeleton.

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm

p122ab0y wrote:I recently tested survival instinctivet on grave guardian. The methodology was by using offensive stance then letting AIR units in training hit me. 20/20 melee hits with 100% all landed. How is survival instinct suppose to work? Should I expect to see a toll of some sort in the logs?

Also I noticed on several occasions a direct contact btw a chimra with hyperion not casting fear on living dead. Its never worked for me against a necro

Hi still waiting for some feedback on survival instinct mechanics. Can the Devs shed some light on this?

Say for example a GG w/ survival instinct goes up against an attacker w/ 15% chance to hit. Will survival instinct effectively make it such that the GG can never be hit?

Deep Blue

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 5:43 pm

p122ab0y wrote:
p122ab0y wrote:I recently tested survival instinctivet on grave guardian. The methodology was by using offensive stance then letting AIR units in training hit me. 20/20 melee hits with 100% all landed. How is survival instinct suppose to work? Should I expect to see a toll of some sort in the logs?

Hi still waiting for some feedback on survival instinct mechanics. Can the Devs shed some light on this?

Say for example a GG w/ survival instinct goes up against an attacker w/ 15% chance to hit. Will survival instinct effectively make it such that the GG can never be hit?

as far as i know it should works as ring of ice/mist. Basically it triggers when an attack is succesful and probably it forces a rerroll with a 85% success chance (a bit like bad omen, lets say). I'm not 100% sure but it should be like this.

Useful links:

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

I need this for my almost-invincible-counterattacking GG comp to work.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 am

Deep Blue wrote:As far as i know it should works as ring of ice/mist. Basically it triggers when an attack is successful and probably it forces a reroll with a 85% success chance (a bit like bad omen, lets say). I'm not 100% sure but it should be like this.

It's pretty much that. This kind of effect uses it's own roll to apply itself after a specific trigger.
For Survival Instinct, it will trigger once damages (almost any source, things like life drain or poison are immune) are about to be applied on the unit and attempt a 15% roll to activate (similar to the Vanguard in Dota, if I'm correct).
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Legulysse wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:As far as i know it should works as ring of ice/mist. Basically it triggers when an attack is successful and probably it forces a reroll with a 85% success chance (a bit like bad omen, lets say). I'm not 100% sure but it should be like this.

It's pretty much that. This kind of effect uses it's own roll to apply itself after a specific trigger.
For Survival Instinct, it will trigger once damages (almost any source, things like life drain or poison are immune) are about to be applied on the unit and attempt a 15% roll to activate (similar to the Vanguard in Dota, if I'm correct).

Legulysse are you writing us from the future? life drain or poison? :D spoiler alert? :)

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Legulysse are you writing us from the future? life drain or poison? :D

for Life Drain it can be both future and past :mrgreen:
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Next

Return to General Forum