It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 pm

skills not working

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

p122ab0y

Re: skills not working

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Legulysse wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:As far as i know it should works as ring of ice/mist. Basically it triggers when an attack is successful and probably it forces a reroll with a 85% success chance (a bit like bad omen, lets say). I'm not 100% sure but it should be like this.

It's pretty much that. This kind of effect uses it's own roll to apply itself after a specific trigger.
For Survival Instinct, it will trigger once damages (almost any source, things like life drain or poison are immune) are about to be applied on the unit and attempt a 15% roll to activate (similar to the Vanguard in Dota, if I'm correct).

Thanks for the response Legulysse. Can you confirm that survival instinct is working as intended on Grave guardian?

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

p122ab0y wrote:Can you confirm that survival instinct is working as intended on Grave guardian?

Well, it should. If everybody tells me that no damage has been canceled for ages I will have a look. Deep Blue, Dragon Warrior, did you also test this recently ?

Deep Blue wrote:Legulysse are you writing us from the future?

Dragon_Warrior wrote:for Life Drain it can be both future and past :mrgreen:

Let's say I am just the humble keeper of all the future pasts...
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Legulysse wrote:
p122ab0y wrote:Can you confirm that survival instinct is working as intended on Grave guardian?

Well, it should. If everybody tells me that no damage has been canceled for ages I will have a look. Deep Blue, Dragon Warrior, did you also test this recently ?

i will test it tomorrow ;-)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

p122ab0y

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Legulysse wrote:

Deep Blue wrote:Legulysse are you writing us from the future?

Dragon_Warrior wrote:for Life Drain it can be both future and past :mrgreen:

Let's say I am just the humble keeper of all the future pasts...

I will say that I used offensive Aura prior to taking melee hits. I did this for a sample of 20 hits which all had 100% hit chance and I didn't observe a parry or no-damage reaction nor did I see any indication of a survival instinct roll in the logs. That's why I was wondering if its an affect that was not independent of PAR/DOD (because offensive aura removed all PAR). It could also be that my sample was too small...I've since reset the GG.. so thanks whoever can test this again.

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm

you won't see any roll for survival instinct but theoretically...it is made if the attack is succesful.

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 am

Deep Blue, Dragon Warrior, did you also test this recently ?

Nope
i don't use it and im still for Deep Blue ideas of changing both SI and Assasin ;)

but from the PvP games i can confirm that on war lions it works fine... even too fine with my "luck" :P

but i can do some tests - i still didn't have to chance using oblivion shards ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 am

so tested it on a GG with counterattack.

What i found out:

-it procs much more than i thought ("parried" 4 attacks over 2 turns on offensive :O )
-counterattack does not proc from survival instinct parry so no real sinergy there

also...the GG needs more ACC...i find it funny that surrounded by two swordsman you have about 60% chance (no parry talent considered)
Last edited by Deep Blue on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Useful links:

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 10:11 am

Keep in mind that survival instinct is not a parry, but a damage protection (the feedback is currently really bad at showing that).
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Deep Blue

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 am

Legulysse wrote:Keep in mind that survival instinct is not a parry, but a damage protection (the feedback is currently really bad at showing that).

im sure it works as intended...yet i was surprised by the amount of procs i had.

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

also...the GG needs more ACC...i find it funny that surrounded by two swordsman you have about 60% chance (no parry talent considered)

yep
it needs +1-2ACC
without cost increase - base cost is still high despite STR nerf ;P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Previous

Return to General Forum