It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

100%????? Watch me scatter and miss

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: 100%????? Watch me scatter and miss

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am

Great you guys really are onto it.

That image did not actually come out correctly M = Mage was actually not in the line of fire but a full hex separated the flight path and his position.
TS
S
F0
F0M
F0
A
F= Flight path
0= Blank hex
M= Mage
T= Target
And yes it is really common to see scatters onto units that do not have a % chance to be hit even when the target has a 100% to be hit.

Check my last 4 games every time I hit my own unit there was no % on them and none of the shots listed less than 85% chance to hit. I made a point of it to make sure of this.Games between 13/4/2014-15/4/2014

I will note I have a terrible connection so cannot confirm how much of this is lag induced.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Lag should not influence the estimations accuracy.
Next time you see this happen, I would be happy to see a screenshot of the whole situation, to reproduce it locally ;)
Dogs of War Online - Developper

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm

This is interesting. So if I put a sacrificial unit in offensive stance next to my mage there's a high chance a shot directed at my mage will scatter to the sacrifice?

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am

p122ab0y wrote:So if I put a sacrificial unit in offensive stance next to my mage there's a high chance a shot directed at my mage will scatter to the sacrifice?

Nope. This stance affects your PAR, not your DOD.

p122ab0y

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Legulysse wrote:
p122ab0y wrote:So if I put a sacrificial unit in offensive stance next to my mage there's a high chance a shot directed at my mage will scatter to the sacrifice?

Nope. This stance affects your PAR, not your DOD.

Your right. Thanks for making me look like a noob legulysse.

Grim.Nightshade

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 am

I noticed a similar situation. And maybe you were describing this and I didn't put it together. So....when I use a Skele archer with Dbl shot, it gives me a new percentage indicator. Its on the right side of the screen, similar to a spells percent chance. That display will say 100% and still miss. Now when I said it would give me a new percentage, I don't mean a different percent, just displaying it in a place other than atop a targets head. Now correct me if im wrong, but I would think that secondary display should very specifically show that modified chance, not the original chance. How is it supposed to display? Thank you for all the great work you do.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostTue Apr 22, 2014 10:54 am

Grim.Nightshade wrote:when I use a Skele archer with Dbl shot, it gives me a new percentage indicator. Its on the right side of the screen, similar to a spells percent chance. That display will say 100% and still miss.

In fact, this tooltip only shows your chances to cast your skill, which will trigger a normal attack. That's why this kind of Ability will always show 100%.
I will at least try to hide this false information for the next patch. Better estimations are a work in progress, you should have good values for classic melee and range attacks, but skills will come later.
Previous

Return to General Forum