It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

MM appears broken

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Errol Flynn

MM appears broken

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 am

I have not being able to get a game for quite some time now. I get no messages while waiting for a game like you normally do.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Bousk

Site Admin

Re: MM appears broken

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 10:54 am

Hi,

according to server, you're actually not searching for a game.
If your GUI says you are, or the pop-up didn't display, please send me your log files before launching the game again.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:07 am

i also add that often the waiting timer disappears even though you are in queue, this is going on since closed more or less
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Bousk

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 pm

You have to give more details about that because I don't get what you mean.
The timer can disappear, if you are kicked from the queue. Some action have this effect (changing current company for example)
It also disappears if you don't accept the game : you are then kicked from the queue.
The old bug with "choose army" button which makes it disappear has been fixed with the last patch.

There seems to be a new issue which is, you don't receive the popup to accept a game. In this case, you could also not receive the information that you have been kicked and the timer goes on. Or you can receive it and it disappears (which seems to be your case).
I'm working on it, unfortunately I have actually no idea of the real origin, and it's not reproducible on my side. That's why I'm asking for every logs I can get. :(

Errol Flynn

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Bousk wrote:You have to give more details about that because I don't get what you mean.
The timer can disappear, if you are kicked from the queue. Some action have this effect (changing current company for example)
It also disappears if you don't accept the game : you are then kicked from the queue.
The old bug with "choose army" button which makes it disappear has been fixed with the last patch.

There seems to be a new issue which is, you don't receive the popup to accept a game. In this case, you could also not receive the information that you have been kicked and the timer goes on. Or you can receive it and it disappears (which seems to be your case).
I'm working on it, unfortunately I have actually no idea of the real origin, and it's not reproducible on my side. That's why I'm asking for every logs I can get. :(

I still cannot play. Timer starts and runs as normal when I start searching for a game. I get no red writing at the top of the screen like normal on long waits. I think I am not getting queued for some reason. All other parts of the game and other games work fine.
This currently happens every time for me so I can reproduce it. I am not to sure how to send a log file to you Bousk.

Errol Flynn

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 am

I used the in game disconnect rather than quit and after re-logging I am getting games again. There was definitely something wrong for the last few days, whatever 'disconnect' does differently to 'quit' seems to have fixed my issues.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 am

:shock:
Were you using the "auto-connect" previously ? By checking the corresponding checkbox on login screen.
Did you notice the "welcome message" written in chatbox at login ? The chat was working ?
Thanks for the report and this information which could be important. :geek:

Errol Flynn

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 am

Bousk wrote::shock:
Were you using the "auto-connect" previously ? By checking the corresponding checkbox on login screen.
Did you notice the "welcome message" written in chatbox at login ? The chat was working ?
Thanks for the report and this information which could be important. :geek:

Yes it auto logs into my account from Steam. I was just searching for games not training. Yes got the welcome message, chat, ladder, missions, unit interface everything worked as normal. I waited a long time. Sometimes chat was very active so it was obvious their were quite a few players around. For days I did not get the red 'widening search parameters' warnings at the top of the screen no matter how long I searched. It may be a coincidence, but literally as soon as I used the 'disconnect' option and re-entered my details I waited only seconds for a game.

Return to General Forum