It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Server Crashes and I lost Ranking!!!!

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Grim.Nightshade

Server Crashes and I lost Ranking!!!!

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 10:42 am

I would like to note that at roughly 2:30 am Thursday April 10th, I was in a 400 ap match. During this match the server crashed and it resulted in me gaining a draw, loosing me a ranking point. Now normally I would not even bring up one little indiscretion like this. But I went from certain victory to a draw. loosing me a point instead of gaining me two. Is there any plan to rectify this?? And thank you for your time, and the AWESOME game :D

Sincerely
Loyal gamer, Grim.Nightshade

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Re: Server Crashes and I lost Ranking!!!!

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks for the praise. Unfortunately I don't see how we could give you the extra point. You thought that victory was certain, and I believe you, but it's possible that your opponent also thought that victory was possible.
Hopefully you'll manage to get other wins this week ;)

Grim.Nightshade

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 1:26 am

I was more thinking that it was unfair that everyone that was playing got an auto loss of a point on their score. I was just wondering if you were planning on fixing that for everyone, not just myself.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 6:14 am

but game interrupt is counted for you as no game at all (with small downgrade in rank but i think its more similar to a draw) - its win only for your enemy...

nevertheless 60secs waiting clock would be nice :P

and changing all interrupts as a Wins would be terrible - even now i see some abuses with current system.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Grim.Nightshade

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 am

You are right about that. It didn't count as a loss or a draw. But I did loose one ranking point. And yes, as of now I do see abuse with the current system. The other thing about it was it was a server crash. I don't think that is unfair, loosing a point during interrupts, due to abuse. But obviously neither of us had anything to do with a server crash.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am

Hi,

how did you conclude that the game had crashed ?
Currently the game servers are stable and no game has crashed for months.
You only played 2 games on 04-10 (UTC date), you win the first one (vs guillaumebrigot), while the second one was a draw due to turn limitation (vs SCOOTER).

You say you lost ranking point, so the game was registered and has not crashed. Crashed game are just canceled from server and are not taken into account at all for ladder.
So I'm pretty sure you just didn't notice that the game was over due to turn limitation and just correctly ended.

Feel free to give us more details. :geek:
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Grim.Nightshade

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 am

The game went to the opening screen and it said the server was unavailable at the moment. It was in blue in the top right corner. When I did reconnect like 5 minutes later, The game was roughly three or four turns in. Maybe it was a problem on my end. Like my internet connection.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 10:49 am

looking at mine and not mine 20:2 ranking i see that P122something was right and all disconnects count as loss but without visible info in ranking...

so counting 4+ interrupts that i was winning, 1-2 games that was to early to say but played against lower rank players and 1-2 played against p122something that could be hard... but with 5+ loses turned into wins i would be in top 10 at the end of the rank time... shame because this week i had more free time than usual and wanted to prove strength of current current Ram half-zerg compositions.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Return to General Forum