It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Just fire your devs team pls

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

skydancer

Just fire your devs team pls

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Just play a deathmatch mode and spawn location are 2-3 hex distant from enemy?
Who's the retard that made a map like this? I was able to win because my opponent was pretty bad, but what's the point in made such a stupid design choice?

Seriusly what are you doing with this game? Open beta was good but then is going bad and bad every patch.
Can't believe how you're wasting a game with such an high potential.

In 0.13 i hope in a huge rework of metagame and design choice.
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Just fire your devs team pls

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Just play a deathmatch mode and spawn location are 2-3 hex distant from enemy?
Who's the retard that made a map like this?

I played it today Vs Lev 5 Worg... lost 3 units (~120ap) in first activation.
:P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

SoulCollector

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Haven't try the game today after the patch but the tittle of your topic really blew my mind, don't you think you are being a little bit rude?. If the changes are good or bad (and we have all seen bad changes) the devs are doing their best to shape the game to what they envision.

We can always tell them why we think their changes are wrong and they can refute our arguments with reasons why they think the changes are right, but to tell the company to fire the devs? I think that is just disrespectful.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 pm

to be honest this map looks similar to one that i first appeared in 0.12.9 so its nothing new to me that its awful :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Almanro

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Don't be so negative! They improved many things with this little patch. Regarding the deployment on that map, it is probably only a mistake since they fixed the invisible walls and too near deployment zones with last patch, probably this one slipped in unwanted and they'll fix it rapidly.

Deep Blue

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 pm

yeah probably it slipped from the devs as pre-patch it was much worse. Now at least you can see where your opponent can deploy. Out of curiosity, was it really impossible to deploy outside the attack range (5-6 hexagons?) from the enemy?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Out of curiosity, was it really impossible to deploy outside the attack range (5-6 hexagons?) from the enemy?

It was possible only when you took other side (left-right) than opponent ;)

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 10:02 am

Hey,

Obviously the deployment zones have a hung impact on the battle flow and pace, we want to use them to improve your experience in the game and we might make some mistakes here and there.
We appreciate your feedbacks and really consider them, even though we can't just do everything that everyone's asking for.

So thank you for this feedback on the lack of interest of this specific deployment area. This being said, I just want to point out that you don't need to be rude to attract our attention. We read almost everything that's posted, your point is sensible so don't hinder it with an overly aggressive message.

Return to General Forum