It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

Connection Lost

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Connection Lost

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 6:15 pm

from few days im thrown from game with "Connection Lost" info... without any network problems on my side...

this week i ended only 10 from propably 14-15 games... and i "won" about 2-3 due to same issue...
its *** annoying while i was winning all but one such game...

this should be definetly fixed somehow - 2 patchs ago it was all fine.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Bousk

Site Admin

Re: Connection Lost

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi,

are you disconnected from game server only, lobby server only, or both of them ?
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 am

Bousk wrote:Hi,

are you disconnected from game server only, lobby server only, or both of them ?

yesterday - only game

but totally - lets say 50:50 - because few times i was disconnected also from the lobby (and game)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks for the details.
There doesn't seem to be any issue on servers after a quick overview, I'll investigate.
Servers are very sensitive to micro-disconnection. You can be disconnected while you don't even notice something bad happened. :(
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 am

Servers are very sensitive to micro-disconnection. You can be disconnected while you don't even notice something bad happened. :(

no way to deal with that?
as i remember Starcraft2 gives (cumulative) 60second blackout for short disconnections (each game) for example
I knew that this is propably not so easy to make - but it is only (knewn to) me solution ;P

Return to General Forum