It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Not getting a game

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

WulfricWulfstan

Not getting a game

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 pm

I've logged in now for 5 days in a row and waited an average of 15 min and still not get a game. There appears to be no chat going on either, so I was wondering if there is an issue? Or just a small amount of players logging on?

SoulCollector

Re: Not getting a game

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 8:10 pm

WulfricWulfstan wrote:I've logged in now for 5 days in a row and waited an average of 15 min and still not get a game. There appears to be no chat going on either, so I was wondering if there is an issue? Or just a small amount of players logging on?

Were you queuing for 800 AP braket? If you were, then its prety normal, not many people play 800 AP, you usually have to ask in global chat if anyone is up for 800 AP and then set up a game if someone is interested.
For 250 and 400 it does not appear to be any problem at the moment, im getting games as usual and I haven't had a queue longer than 5 minutes since the last week patch.

If the Chat seems dead just try to revive it with some small talk first, remember many people are in matches too and they can't see what you say in chat at a specific time. What I usually do is revive Chat till enough people are participating, then I ask what ever I want to ask for enough people to see it, so I don't have to be say the same thing over and over.
If after all that you don't get an opponent for 800 AP then you should try the other 2 brackets, the startegies are not exactly the same but the game is still pretty fun.

Hod

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 8:12 pm

This is definitely not the experience I've had the last 5 days. Something must be going wrong with you client. Hopefully the Devs can address this tomorrow. Have you updated since the last patch?
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

WulfricWulfstan

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 pm

I appear to have all the updates, they've been applied automatically before, I'm also getting the "message" everyday, the one where a member of your squad gets more Xp or duccats. I just stay on 400 pt battles and click search, but nothing ever comes up.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 am

Hi,

if your game is not up-to-date, you can't connect and a pop-up notice you on launching screen.

There is a minor issue that I couldn't reproduce and fix yet, which is a GUI not synchronized with the real searching state. This leads mainly to a chronometer as if you were registered, while you're not. :(

According to my logs, you registered to matchmaking only once a day on 3, 4, 5, 6 april and always refused the game invitation.
Please, let me know if anything seems wrong.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

WulfricWulfstan

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi,

These dates are correct but I've never turned down a game, so not sure what is going on there.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 pm

There is a rare issue with the first popup to validate game, not being displayed in some case I haven't identified yet. :(
Did you see it ?

WulfricWulfstan

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 5:29 pm

No nothing. I suppose I could of missed it a few times as I flicked to other things, but I know I had the screen in front of me 2 or 3 times and still nothing after 15 mins.

WulfricWulfstan

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Just been sat there for 10 minutes and nothing.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 8:26 am

Could you please send me your log files when this happens ? Through forum by MP or our support website https://support.cyanide-studio.com
You can find them on My Document/Dogs of War folder
I would need both dogsofwar.log and lobbymanager.log

When a game is found, if dogs of war is not your active window, the shortcut in taskbar will be highlighted.

Thanks for your report and sorry for the inconvenience.
Next

Return to General Forum