It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Chastisement of Light.......

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Malice

Re: Chastisement of Light.......

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

I agree with Blue that poor playing is the reason behind it's power,

What am I reading…….

Swarm players no matter how skillful will get trashed by these 5 click heroes, because they must concentrate their units to have any kind of success and they must protect the weaker units like necromancers from being killed. Splitting up their units is simply not an option as there is safety in numbers for weaker units, 'United we stand divided we fall.' Etc…….

I use an undead swarm style :

1 Necromancer: Respite of the Dead, Mastery of the Arcana
1 Necromancer :Morbid Explosion, Recovery
2 Skeleton Warriors: Hard Boiled
1 Skeleton Warrior
1 Skeleton Archer
2 Skeleton Archers: Ferocious
1 Skeleton Archer: Fierce

I've never won against a 5 click hero. I have 9 losses so far, 6 of them are against lions and 4 out of those 6 losses are from 5 click heroes, who are often terrible players with terrible positioning who I outplay for the entire battle, but they use their defensive stances onto the mage until they drop their payload and then who cares if the mage dies, they have just taken about 120 HP or more out of my army, this doubles next turn if they had 12 mana stored. Swarm player must have a network of units that work together they cannot split up, because they are too weak on their own.

Against non-swarm players sure it is not as strong, , but this is because the individual units are stronger they do not need as much support, so it is okay to spread them out, but the meta is still towards larger armies, as elites are still not what they once were. So, while none swarm players will do better against 5 click heroes against most other comps they will suffer.

Hod

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

I think that all this highlights is a weakness in your current Company. You need some Assault troops in there to get the Mage before he can get you. If you stay out of the Mages range and make sure you have a Gargoyle ready for when he tries come out of hiding and get you in range, he will have a much harder time using Chastisement of Light on you.

I always use 2 Gargoyles or Lions to get all Mages, Priests and Necros who could be a determinant to my whole army. I wait for the said weak but powerful unit to be exposed and then send the 2 assault units after him. He may kill both, but if played right, not before you kill his one powerful unit (or leave him so weak that one archer can finish him). Then the game is usually pretty much over.

I'm not trying to say your Company is a bad one, it can be quite good, but it seems its weakness are these powerful but weak units. Just a thought.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 pm

use an undead swarm style :
1 Necromancer: Respite of the Dead, Mastery of the Arcana
1 Necromancer :Morbid Explosion, Recovery
2 Skeleton Warriors: Hard Boiled
1 Skeleton Warrior
1 Skeleton Archer
2 Skeleton Archers: Ferocious
1 Skeleton Archer: Fierce
I've never won against a 5 click hero.

to be honest - i play now with
2x Skeleton warrior lev1
2x Skeleton warrior + HB
2x Bowman lev1
2x Necro lev1
2x Gargoyle lev1

and never lost to Alahan Mage...
to be honest i played Vs this only 3 times this week but each time gargoyles finished him of before second cast.

Chatisment on Chimera is quite the differenst story - but
- im against all legendaries
- i played Vs it only once so i cant say if the unit was strong or enemy was good.

But - i can agree to Chatisment nerf (+1 range -1 radious for example) FOR bringing back old Primals and Seal frequency rised to 2...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 pm

and this is why zerg tactics are not the ultimate best army of the game (thanks god) and i always try to play with fewer units. So what are we discussing here? :D i'm fine with it even as a lion opponent :)

also...it is a big risk to take that aoe damage spell for the lion player...imagine how useful it is vs a legendary
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

p122ab0y

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 6:30 pm

a level 5 chimera with Chastisement does a force damage of 12.
Previous

Return to General Forum