It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Queue timer disappearance

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

SoulCollector

Queue timer disappearance

PostSat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 pm

I know this is a known bug and we have had it for a while but i think it should be adressed as soon as possible. Is not the first time I have to tell people how they need to restart the game for the timer to appear again, for people who don't know what is going on, they just think the game is broken or that the queue server is down.

The people I help are usualy the vocal ones that ask in chat if something is wrong but what about the other people that don't know how to speak english or that don't want to ask in chat. This could be one reason for new players to think the game is not working and don't even give the game a second chance.

Please, fix this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Deep Blue

Re: Queue timer disappearance

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 9:51 am

SoulCollector wrote:I know this is a known bug and we have had it for a while but i think it should be adressed as soon as possible. Is not the first time I have to tell people how they need to restart the game for the timer to appear again, for people who don't know what is going on, they just think the game is broken or that the queue server is down.

The people I help are usualy the vocal ones that ask in chat if something is wrong but what about the other people that don't know how to speak english or that don't want to ask in chat. This could be one reason for new players to think the game is not working and don't even give the game a second chance.

Please, fix this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

another lovely bug is the private message chat. Gosh if it is annoying when you are suddenly writing in the general chat.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Bousk

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 am

Hi,

in order to be able to understand the issue, we need you to give your log files when this happens. Be sure not relaunch the game, as logs are erased on game start.
This bug is not reproducible on my side.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Almanro

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 5:34 pm

It is a very easy bug to reproduce: just press "Play", then "Search for a Game", then "Choose Army" and the timer will disappear and will be invisible (but still running) till you either play a game or refuse a match (or restart the game). In the meantime, the "Search for a Game" button substitutes the "Cancel" one but pressing it will be meaningless and the timer will not come back (but it will be still running, looking for a game).

GardenOfSun

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 9:42 pm

I think I've seen this one myself a couple of times.

SoulCollector

PostMon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Bousk wrote:Hi,

in order to be able to understand the issue, we need you to give your log files when this happens. Be sure not relaunch the game, as logs are erased on game start.
This bug is not reproducible on my side.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh sorry, I thought I saw the bug reported here like a month or so ago, that is why I said it was a known bug. Anyway is exactly what Almanro posted, you start searching for a game and if you click the choose army button (doesn't matter if you change something or not) the timer goes away and you don't know if the game is still looking for a game or not but it does keep looking for a game. I have gotten a game without timer many times, the problem is the timer doesnt come back till you restart the game.

Bousk

Site Admin

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 8:19 am

Hi,

thanks for the details, I was not aware of this issue and thinking to another one^^'
I fixed it on our side and should be available with next version.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Return to General Forum