It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Legendary Meta

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Verminn

Legendary Meta

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Got question for u ppl, do u enjoy playing Legendary units (With not against, cause how can this be fun?).
In last 10 games 7 of them were vs Legendary units, worgs mostly one chimera and golem.
Im asking cause for me Legendarys are self playable wanking machine, just want to know your opinion.

Peace.

Hod

Re: Legendary Meta

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Don't play with them or plan to in the future for the reason you mentioned, self playable wanking machines. (Couldn't have put it better)
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 am

I own the Worg. I levelled it the more expensive less powerful way (Hard Boiled). I have only used it a few times and it was a little fun because for me it is something very different to what I would normally take.
The legendries give bad players too many easy wins. A fairly new player meeting a legendary will give the impression that this game is P2W. The game is not P2W but people meeting too many Legendaries early would certainly be justified in thinking it is. That is a bad thing for player retention.
For me the more games I have to play against a legendary, the less games I will play. If legendries remain this common in ranked matches real fans of the TBS genre will walk away.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Sernior

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 am

Well, I own golem and chimera and yes, they re fun.
How can they be fun?
People are all different... I dislike by instance those playing swarms with like 5 hb skeletons and I ask myself (how can playing that way be fun?) but they exists... and I thx god (or the devs) that golem exists so those playing that way got countered...
It is all about countering a tactic and I prefer this way than having everyone playing one way.
The fun is that my ram team has 3 possible compositions, 1) with golem, 2) with black paladins, 3)with 2 lvl 3 necros archers with ferocious and a lot of warriors.
These 3 different possibilities make me counter every legendary in the game, so it is not like legendaries are very hard to defeat the problem is simply that those who want to play swarmy(without precautions) got countered by legendaries and then they come in the forum qqing (not saying this is what you were doing) instead than trying to change their team.

Errol Flynn wrote:If legendries remain this common in ranked matches real fans of the TBS genre will walk away.

I dont remember I voted you my representative... talk for yourself pls.
Errol Flynn wrote:The game is not P2W but people meeting too many Legendaries early would certainly be justified in thinking it is.

I have not spent a single cent yet and I own 2 and have still enought money to buy 2 more legendaries... with the current money system you can make 20k in one week easily if you want, so I really dont see the relation between legendaries and pay2win but ok... I guess every possible (even not related) argument is valid? :roll:

Deep Blue

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 am

I think errol was not saying that the game is p2w...is just that when you start the game for the very first time you have very little cash and 30k looks like a very big deal. This might give the (false) impression that those players won just because of real cash.

back on topic...i don't like playing against legendaries not because of their raw power but simply because it is often 1 unit vs the rest, which makes the tactical aspect for 1 player a bit less relevant. Is like suddenly you are playing an RPG :D

other than that...to each its own :-)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Deep Blue wrote:I think errol was not saying that the game is p2w...is just that when you start the game for the very first time you have very little cash and 30k looks like a very big deal. This might give the (false) impression that those players won just because of real cash.

Yes, I think that's what he meant too. And I agree that it could be hugely detrimental for the game.
It is a very serious concern for us.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way out of this.
We are working on a fix, but it will take quite some time.
Hopefuly we will be able to do something about that soon.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 4:21 pm

I love encountering legendary users. I write down their names and when I meet them again I bring a bunch of ferocious pew pews. Interestingly I havent met one who's smart enough NOT to use legendaries the second meeting.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm

bring a bunch of ferocious pew pews.
' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Verminn

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Well its just i dont see tactics in that way of playing. When i see worg with fang w. or golem with archers each game it makes me sad.

Deep Blue wrote:I think errol was not saying that the game is p2w...is just that when you start the game for the very first time you have very little cash and 30k looks like a very big deal. This might give the (false) impression that those players won just because of real cash.

When i started geting money for Predator of Blood was rly fun for me, so im ok with that. But when u are new player and at 4 of 5 first games u encounter legendary (insta win for enemy at begining) u will say that this game sux and its p2w for sure (iv meet like 5 ppl saying that on chat >.<).

Make legendarys playable only at 800 pts. games atleast it will be reason to play em.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 9:51 pm

i encountered a wolfen player with worg and pob today ;D
he killed only one sparkling and left (rage or not counting for easy win anymore) when (after loosing pob) charging Worg missed one of his attacks :D

on my side it was even little tactical to move in range of waiting worg... but on the other side al strategy was - wait, wait , run, charge, quit :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Next

Return to General Forum