It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Sigh...

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deuzerre

Sigh...

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:21 am

In my last game:
Archer scattered on golem: 5% chance (95% chance to hit KOTL). Kotl finishes it off, of course, when it shouldn't have been able to.
And at the end, my gargoyle failed his 20% chance to fail to evade (with evasion) when it was going to kill an archer.

Screw this game, seriously. What's the point of doing strategy, planning ahead and other bullshit if such retarded stuff happens? Zero-interest.

I'm fine with some luck being involved, but that's just bollocks honestly. It seems the game's sole intent is to screw you hard, snatching defeat from the hands of victory, when you're about to win. GG.

/annoyed.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Sigh...

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am

Archer scattered on golem: 5% chance (95% chance to hit KOTL).

so you play with legandary in your band - that makes game as random as possible (the less the units - the more random game) and you complain about misfortune rolls?

5-20% are still sesonable chances... small but 1/20 its still more thatn 1/100 for critical hit and i have mostly 1-2 crits in one game (done by or against my units)... so if you consider whole game and 50+ rolls total - you may get few 'crit' rolls.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Yeah im sure everyone who has a good win ratio is very lucky.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Deuzerre wrote:In my last game:
Archer scattered on golem: 5% chance (95% chance to hit KOTL). Kotl finishes it off, of course, when it shouldn't have been able to.
And at the end, my gargoyle failed his 20% chance to fail to evade (with evasion) when it was going to kill an archer.

Screw this game, seriously. What's the point of doing strategy, planning ahead and other bullshit if such retarded stuff happens? Zero-interest.

I'm fine with some luck being involved, but that's just bollocks honestly. It seems the game's sole intent is to screw you hard, snatching defeat from the hands of victory, when you're about to win. GG.

/annoyed.

Too funny. I watched that game mate. It was against my brother Lord Leveticvs. That company was called: 'Retro Dungeon Party'. It is purely a theme team, a very cool one at that. It contains:

Fighter (lvl4 KoTL)
Wizard (lvl5 Mage)
Cleric (lvl2 Valk)
Ranger (lvl3 Archer)

They are all baptised as above and painted to match. This is actually the sort of thing I would like to see more of. It is built for fun. You take a Golem, Garg, Bow and a Priest. Your build is shameful. Do you remember winning the initiative against LION with your RAM when your Garg was in contact with the Wizard? Or was that just your awesome skills? The 5% scatter that hit your Golem for 6pts was hilarious but had no impact on the result. The Ranger was ready with an offensive stance 2 squares away which would have killed the Golem and left the Fighter free to finish the rest. As it was the Golem after the scatter was able to be killed by the Fighter. My brother chose to kill the Golem with the Fighter purely for glory. You actually got the most substantial game changing luck: Crucial initiative role when you were Ram vs Lion.

You went a dodgey low skills build and were defeated by 'Retro Dungeon Party', a pure novelty build. You raged and made many stars appear. It was just like in the movies when the evil guy curses the hero with his dying breath. Loved it. When will you learn that good always triumphs over evil! :lol:
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Sernior

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 11:50 pm

In my last game (was the last one for a reason) I lost a 100% chance (lol) and just after a 80%.
Then, when I was like "GG I lost", the game decided that, after all, I deserved to win and I won last 2 10% chance.... lol?
First i lose 100% roll (how many chances? 1/infinity of first order?) and then I win cause I get a 1% (10%*10%) roll in the last turn... yes, sometimes in this game tactic mean nothing, but, thx god, just sometimes not always.

Almanro

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 12:59 am

I think that the problem may be also due to the fact that the values highlighted when you select a unit aren't omni-comprehensive of all the malus/bonus of the unit (e.g., the total damage done don't show the penalties due to HB or to be wounded, or the charge bonus, etc.)

Moreover, it makes little sense that the archers get also the hit bonus for a unit that is surrounded by other units (it is ok when the archer is one of the surrounding units)... Theoretically it would be more easy to hit your units that are in-between your unit and the enemy than the enemy itself or at least they should give a "cover" bonus, not a malus... Also it doesn't make sense that when the archer is very distant from the enemy, you just select the ones at the center of a group, so you get 1% for him and 10% for each one of the surrounding ones! In general, I think that the scatter values should be revised.

Deep Blue

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 am

the problem is when you put yourself in a situation where the rolls matter a lot, ie: a 1vs1 situation. If you played better than your opponent you shoud not have a 1vs1 situation, unless you play with legendaries. If you are relying on luck to win it means you didn't rely on your strategy :-)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Sernior

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 am

Deep Blue wrote:If you are relying on luck to win it means you didn't rely on your strategy :-)

Not always Deep, by instance in my example I found myself in a 1 vs 1 situation because I lost the 100% roll that would have been game changing since it wouldnt have made a fang warrior with double attack on my lvl 3 mage on the next turn.
Sometimes you rely on luck because your strategy did not go as you expected (by losing 100% rolls).

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 am

if you want to play 100% non radom game than play chess - where 6 year old kid can beat you with 200 years old opening that he can't understand but remembering whole sequence is enough for him ;p
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Ahramir

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:if you want to play 100% non radom game than play cheese

Cheese ?
Do you mean legendaries ? ;)
Next

Return to General Forum