It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

No Draw Streak Bonus

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Errol Flynn

No Draw Streak Bonus

PostSat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 am

I mentioned this idea in another thread but I am giving it its own because I think it has legs. What if you were rewarded random loot (including a chance at a few Cyans) for every 10 multiplayer matches completed that did not result in a draw. This could be a simple change that encourages the right attitude rather than enforces it. Players losing or winning would count so all skill level players would benefit equally. You could also slightly improve loot as AP of matches increased, giving 250 players incentive to graduate and a small reason to play 800 AP matches. You could also have a weekly/monthly prize for the person who plays the most consecutive games without a Draw. A 'Most Merciless Mercenaries' award :lol:
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

GardenOfSun

Re: No Draw Streak Bonus

PostSat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 pm

I like the monthly prize idea, while I'm not so sure about a consecutive draw prize.

So far, in my little experience, I haven't had problems with people trying to abuse the mechanics to get draws, but if the thing is really considered an issue wouldn't it be more simple to simply calculate the AP alive remaining at the end of the match and give the win to the player who has more?

MomOw

PostSat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 pm

I feel a bit puzzled about the way victory points are given in the KOTH, OK i seems that there are only odd number of control zones, but I think that you earn victory points based on the AP you have in a control zone, instead you should only get 1 victory point if you have more AP in the control zone than your opponent.
I think this should lead to less draws
ça manque quand même de compo chêne rouge : Syriak 2nd incarnation (invocation d'animae) + prédateurs sanglants + sentinelle wolfen + guerriers 32

Errol Flynn

PostSun Mar 30, 2014 4:33 am

GardenOfSun wrote:I like the monthly prize idea, while I'm not so sure about a consecutive draw prize.

So far, in my little experience, I haven't had problems with people trying to abuse the mechanics to get draws, but if the thing is really considered an issue wouldn't it be more simple to simply calculate the AP alive remaining at the end of the match and give the win to the player who has more?

The No Draw Streak Bonus would be incentive to play another game, even a loss. It would also mean people who would be unlikely to make the top 100 would still be playing for something. Less people would play training and Q for MM instead. It would be more reason to play even if you have blown your chance at the rankings and it is close to reset.

Just a simple idea that could encourage good play and more games. This does not need to be instead of other victory conditions. I personally like the sound of the occupy a predetermined enemy zone for a few turns rather than chase runners. That seems like a pretty decent simple mechanic also.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Return to General Forum