It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Items

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

p122ab0y

Items

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Hello,

sorry if there is already a thread on this topic but could the developers please provide some information on the future of items? Will there be equippable loot or consumables? Will they have permanent or temporary effects? Will farming become an incentive? How will items affect PVP. If there will be equippables will they be tiered by rarity? Will there be AP associated with items or will it fall in a different system?

Thanks!

GardenOfSun

Re: Items

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Speaking from personal sensation, I don't envision equippable items becoming a thing, since they'd probably make balancing even more of a nightmare than it already must be.
However I do agree that more types of items would be pretty neat to see, especially if they could add more avenues for cyan spending and revenue for this nice game.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Speaking from personal sensation, I don't envision equippable items becoming a thing, since they'd probably make balancing even more of a nightmare than it already must be.

in closed beta there was a two item slots for any units - so i still hope that in future there will be such option ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

rebelgoat

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Overall I think this could be a good idea. (although I would first like to see more unit types/factions)
Equipable items would be nice, If for no other reason than to allow you to get ur 387pt build a tad bit closer to 400.
Nothing too uber that could cause balancing issues, but something small, maybe:
"Steel reinforced bow/crossbow" cost 2AP, increase missile unit PAR by 1 (or 2).
whatever, just an example that popped in my head.
And by making the items specific to certain unit types, you would have a wider varitey of items.
It would almost be like the units skill trees, but more like skill twigs (minor bonuses)
Some players like that added minor customizations, some others not so much. But they would not have to use it if they did not want to and by opting out of the minor tweeks, they really wouldn't suffer from that lower PAR on their ranged units. I won't say that it could not be a game changer, but the chances would be very slim.

GardenOfSun

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:

in closed beta there was a two item slots for any units - so i still hope that in future there will be such option ;)

:o

What can I say - in this case, I am all for them!

(Actually from what I keep hearing it sounds like closed beta had a whole load of great ideas in it!)

Return to General Forum