It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Legendaries rebalance

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deuzerre

Re: Legendaries rebalance

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 pm

p122ab0y wrote:If the context is having an archer in a chimera comp is mandatory, I disagree completely.

I never said that, I was talking about a balanced comp: Yu need at least one unit that can reach the enemy out of melee.

With a Chimera, no need: It provides all the range by itself.

GardenOfSun

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 pm

So Deuzerre you would argue the Worg + 3 Fangs comps aren't really viable?

Deuzerre

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm

It's not as flexible as a build that would have one ranged unit.

With one ranged, you'd be able to force the enemy to stay in certain positions that would allow the worg and its retinue to plan ahead with ease. It'd force the enemy to spread out (can't stand in one big blob).

Range's damage is relatively minor n a battle, in terms of total damage, but it puts pressure, which in turns give you the initiative.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm

ok i just meet noob of the week... golem guy that lost all other units in turn 2 and in turn 4 start running with golem from cover to cover... left at turn 11 with 12hp... just LOL

btw - fact that alahan bowman with Aim deals only +1 dam Vs bowman without it - is annoying as hell ;p
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 1:09 am

Almanro wrote:
PS: Deep Blue, in your Wolfen list you forgot:
Wolfen Crossbow with Ferocious = 6DAM also without Ylia's Wraith
Wolfen Fang Warrior with Ferocious = 12DAM without Ylia's Wraith (18 with Off Stance, don't know if Mighty Blow can add some more DAM)
2 Wolfen Fang Warrior with Ferocious + Ylia's Wraith + the 2 Offensive Stances can nearly kill the Golem for 186 AP and can also be used in other situations.

i was not listing all the possible damage table :D just the ranged ones.

Ferocious + Ylia's wrath = 6 damage per hit. The damage is so low that the scourge bonus gets replaced by ferocious. I wrote 7 damage simply because i got confused and thought of a golem without HB (4 base damage + 3 from scourge = 7). A golem with HB would be = 1 base damage + 3 from scourge = 6 (ferocious).

Also in general the crossbowmen is the only reliable golem killer as the fang will get feared and it risks to miss even if the golem is surrounded (plus it usually has only 1 chance to hit it if the golem player is not silly). I was referring to the point DW made...as it is the only realistic option for wolf vs undead golem. I suggest you to go for 3 units with ferocious vs a golem. This means you are investing 27 AP only to fight against one unit in the game...and this is a problem.

Skills like e-touch/incarnation of justice are never wasted AP as you can use them vs any enemy and their effect will be always meaningful.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 am

This means you are investing 27 AP only to fight against one unit in the game...and this is a problem.

Skills like e-touch/incarnation of justice are never wasted AP as you can use them vs any enemy and their effect will be always meaningful.

I waited for the second part from the second word :P
Incarnation have to high cost and its too restricted to be effective more often - also Valk mostly have no more than 70-80% to hit when she is scared. So even if it can be used Vs GG, crane and Pob... you still have a chance that it will fail Vs golem ...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
This means you are investing 27 AP only to fight against one unit in the game...and this is a problem.

Incarnation have to high cost and its too restricted to be effective more often - also Valk mostly have no more than 70-80% to hit when she is scared. So even if it can be used Vs GG, crane and Pob... you still have a chance that it will fail Vs golem ...

but you cant use ferocious vs the units you listed! only vs the knight is remotely useful as you deal 4 damage but is still decent as output (8 in total)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 am

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:

but you cant use ferocious vs the units you listed! only vs the knight is remotely useful as you deal 4 damage but is still decent as output (8 in total)

you really need to play Valkyries as a fighters to see how weak and fragile they are...
and if you want pay 100 ap for one of them then you need add peasant army to have more units than enemy - otherwise - she will be activated before enemy models and torn apart by every regular units.

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:

you really need to play Valkyries as a fighters to see how weak and fragile they are...
and if you want pay 100 ap for one of them then you need add peasant army to have more units than enemy - otherwise - she will be activated before enemy models and torn apart by every regular units.

I have a Valk with IoJ now. She is level 4, at level 5 she can take Master Fencer. That should make IoJ almost a sure thing. I actually think the Valk is pretty good at all levels. She is weak, and not a great fighter but I think she is meant to be. If anything +1 PAR, and +2 DOD would be more in keeping with Lion. Well the + 2 DOD would not be. She is to weak to be a poor at dodging. Maybe she could start with Vivacity. I would like to try the Counter Build on a Valk also. I really like the feel of that build but it is not as useful a tool as a IoJ one. After trialing a Wolf company I consider 53 AP for a raw Valk to be a good deal compared to 52 AP for a raw fang.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.
Previous

Return to General Forum