It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Legendaries rebalance

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

Re: Legendaries rebalance

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 pm

8 games played, 6 vs legendaries (1 worg and 5 golem).

Managed to win 3 times vs a golem and lose 2 (once the golem ended with 3 hp <.< and the other with 6 with 2 crossbowmen scattering and missing like real bosses ) . This as a wolven of course. I like the 3 MOV it is still super hard to kill but well...this is what it does. At least i feel ive a chance.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Hod

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm

I guess that's better than feeling like you don't have a chance.

IMO, if the Golem is going to be so tanky, he should be less killy. I think he could go for even more of a damage decrease. Let the Worg be super killy, why the Golem too?
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Lima

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Dragon_warrior, take it from me, I've been a longtime lion user and I've done some extensive testing with different Chimera builds (I've also been top 10 three times using a lion comp). The best build and I would argue the only viable build that exist at present is lvl5 Chimera w/ chastisement & focus and 2x lvl 31 sparkling with luminous heal. Here's why:

Again like I've been saying for weeks now, Chimera is woeful until lvl 4 it needs severe ap cuts before that lvl (chimera should have smallest ap of any legendary unit up to lvl 4).

Worg can 2 shot any lion unit except kotl, with implacable and a bad deployment is gg. Though it can be dpsed down quite fast its all a matter of luck on the deployment really unless both players are good then you will have a nice game.

Golem is... ah whats the point, it does as much dmg as the worg but it takes more dmg and has perma ring of ice. "But its vunerable to archers with ferocious". Not everyone uses arcchers in their comp, they should have a chance to play a good game, not really depending on ring of ice not proccing.

I just dont see legendaries being viable as they are for 400 bracket.

Now if the ranked bracket was 500 maybe then people could pack some extra legendary counter measures (I would so bring a IoJ valk if i had an extra 100 ap to use).

Deuzerre

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Having at least one archer (or a ranged unit) is mandatory in every build. It's a fault if you don't have one.

GardenOfSun

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Can I ask why?

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Having at least one archer (or a ranged unit) is mandatory in every build. It's a fault if you don't have one.

yes - but for countering legendaries - especialy golem - you need specified build of this ranged unit ;P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:

yes - but for countering legendaries - especialy golem - you need specified build of this ranged unit ;P

yup crossbowmen without ferocious = 1 damage vs HB.

Crossbowmen with Ylia's wrath without ferocious = 4 damage per shot

Crossbowmen with ylia's wrath + ferocious = 7 damage per shot

best damage as wolven vs golem HB:

GG with scourge living dead + ylia's wrath + natural selection = 18 damage (9+9). It can get bishotted with the vulnerable debuff.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deuzerre

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 pm

GardenOfSun wrote:Can I ask why?

It's a question of initiative. With an archer, or at least one ranged unit (Like a caster, etc...) the enemy has to slow his attack, use cover. Otherwise, you let him position himself in an optimal fashion.

p122ab0y

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 pm

If the context is having an archer in a chimera comp is mandatory, I disagree completely. While I agree that archers should exist in almost any lion comp its not the best choice. Largely in part due to the ap constraint of having a chimera 2 sparkling simply provide better support and much better synergy. A chimera CAN absolute go toe to toe with golem. In fact Id argue that would be in favor of chimera. Here's why ( test in practice if you dont believe me):

- w/ scourge chimeran can roll a dam 20 melee attack to it .
-chimera is also supported by 2 sparkling with heal potential of 10 per turn.
-guardian angel makes it difficult for golem to kill sparkling then pursuit movement to attack urn chimer
-chimera can cast spells meaning more damage potential (50% chance on golem)
-divine favor allows 2 melee atacks that negate golems riposte attack (This is the most fundamental reason why chimera wins)
-lions have a higher chance of first turn due to discipline roll. This actually allows chimera one extra attac. When ur down to a 2 hit death, use offensive stance. Think about it.
- chimera can score a 55% parry chance even against a golems high accuracy if u place chimera in defensive stance. This still allow you to try to use an attack spell. And if you successfully parry, you also score a melee attack.

Almanro

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Played 3 matches with the new Golem, won 2 (with the Golem remaining at less than 10HP in one case, dead in the other), lost 1 and I think it is much more balanced than before and my first impression is that it doesn't need further nerfs.

In fact, the -2DAM is much more heavy nerf than I thought when I saw it: now it needs more than 2 attacks to kill many different enemies (and 4 to kill a Worg, which now can play against a Golem without auto-losing anymore) and if you remember also that its total pursuit movement now is correctly reduced to only 1 hex, then if you still have a unit he can pursuit it means you're doing something wrong.

PS: Deep Blue, in your Wolfen list you forgot:
Wolfen Crossbow with Ferocious = 6DAM also without Ylia's Wraith
Wolfen Fang Warrior with Ferocious = 12DAM without Ylia's Wraith (18 with Off Stance, don't know if Mighty Blow can add some more DAM)
2 Wolfen Fang Warrior with Ferocious + Ylia's Wraith + the 2 Offensive Stances can nearly kill the Golem for 186 AP and can also be used in other situations.

PPS: Chimera lvl4 can easily kill the Golem lvl4 as pizzaboy suggested without having to use an archer. The hard part is then killing the fleeing Acheron minions with only 1 unit in the field (Chimera), but is always easier respect than when you play with the Golem (higher MOV and ranged spells!)
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum