It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

Two Game Breaking Issues

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Errol Flynn

Two Game Breaking Issues

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 2:02 am

There are 2 things currently that are ruining this game for me:

The first and largest is the Golem. So many games you play are against a Golem, especially as you climb the rankings. This is much more common and worse than the lion mega-mage build ever was. There was actually some skill required by the lion player, and far less people used that composition than one including a Golem. I have a very good record against the Golem and my team is not built to defeat it. The main reason I beat the Golem is because most people using it are absolutely terrible players. Greenskinned (no.2 at the time of this post) uses a Golem and now leaves at pre-match because I beat him. This guy is probably the worst player I have played (played his Wolf also) both in his attitude and skill level. If every second or third game is against a Golem (sometimes more) then I will not be continuing to play DoW. Win, lose, or draw the Golem makes for a very poor game.

The second is the devs need to accept that DM is the only fair mode. I am not interested in playing the others and should not have to. VIP and KotH should ONLY match players who have them selected. If you have modes other than DM selected MM should first try to find you a game for another mode with a player who also has them selected. I think qualification for higher AP leagues should be what adds the variety. Not dodgy, unbalanced game modes.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

p122ab0y

Re: Two Game Breaking Issues

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 am

Errol Flynn wrote:There are 2 things currently that are ruining this game for me:

The first and largest is the Golem. So many games you play are against a Golem, especially as you climb the rankings. This is much more common and worse than the lion mega-mage build ever was. There was actually some skill required by the lion player, and far less people used that composition than one including a Golem. I have a very good record against the Golem and my team is not built to defeat it. The main reason I beat the Golem is because most people using it are absolutely terrible players. Greenskinned (no.2 at the time of this post) uses a Golem and now leaves at pre-match because I beat him. This guy is probably the worst player I have played (played his Wolf also) both in his attitude and skill level. If every second or third game is against a Golem (sometimes more) then I will not be continuing to play DoW. Win, lose, or draw the Golem makes for a very poor game.

The second is the devs need to accept that DM is the only fair mode. I am not interested in playing the others and should not have to. VIP and KotH should ONLY match players who have them selected. If you have modes other than DM selected MM should first try to find you a game for another mode with a player who also has them selected. I think qualification for higher AP leagues should be what adds the variety. Not dodgy, unbalanced game modes.

lol. What about Mr Nice. He uses a golem comp.

Errol Flynn

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 am

p122ab0y wrote:
Errol Flynn wrote:There are 2 things currently that are ruining this game for me:

lol. What about Mr Nice. He uses a golem comp.

LoL, Mr Nice is not a total douche so that is why I did not single him out. Shame on anyone using a Golem really.

7heHumbleDwarf

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 am

An idea for fixing the annoying auto-draw scenario against the Golem:

What if legendary units were only playable in the 800ap bracket? Errol Flynn, I'm not sure if you were serious about this idea or not when you mentioned it in chat, but (to me) it seems like an amazing idea. The golem can continue to be a truly terrifying beast, while not ruining 99% of the lower bracket games that it shows up in (the 1% is golem vs. golem =D).
...and do not be afraid of the people of the land; they are only helpless prey to us!

Deuzerre

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 6:35 am

last time I faced a Golem, it was in the 400pts brackets and beat it (almost killed, the enemy panicked and left to prevent injuries) rather easily (he just ran at me, he was lightly wounded before getting in contact then surrounded by puppets and gargoyles) with its retinue far behind. In 250pts, it's not worth trying.

But against a decent player, it'd have been a whole other story.

As for Mr Nice: He also uses a Chimera. Those flavour of the month scrubs...

Errol Flynn

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 7:16 am

Deuzerre wrote:last time I faced a Golem, it was in the 400pts brackets and beat it (almost killed, the enemy panicked and left to prevent injuries) rather easily (he just ran at me, he was lightly wounded before getting in contact then surrounded by puppets and gargoyles) with its retinue far behind. In 250pts, it's not worth trying.

But against a decent player, it'd have been a whole other story.

As for Mr Nice: He also uses a Chimera. Those flavour of the month scrubs...

Beating it is not really the issue. Ram deal with it the easiest. Most times you beat it is because the player is hopeless. The problem is it makes for a very poor game and it is very common because as far as easy wins go it is the easiest.

EDIT: I did not realise the devs also nerfed the Golems MOV potential. That with the new maps might make it much less attractive. If it was not so common place to have to deal with the Golem, they might actually be enjoyable matches.

Hod

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:29 am

I agree that the Golem really decreases the overall fun of this game. I love the strategy behind playing and there is none with the Golem. People with no ability to strategize, should not win that much just because they have this OP beast.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 am

i'm fairly sure golem players will decrease drammatically after this patch. Get ready to deal with the worg and the chimera! :twisted:

DoW balancing loop:

- Elite > all --> casters > all --> Basic units > all --> Legendary > all --> Elite > all.... :mrgreen:
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:44 am

i'm fairly sure golem players will decrease drammatically after this patch. Get ready to deal with the worg and the chimera! :twisted:
any idea how can i make chimera build for auto wining ? :P
this week i have small desire to lame a bit with something at least good looking ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

GardenOfSun

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Aye I noticed the disappearance of Rapidity myself. Wouldn't that, together with the DAM nerf, substantially solve the problem?

(About the game modes I still have to try VIP or KOTH, but I wouldn't criticise their own existence on principle; I mean, I think a variety in game modes should be preserved!)

Return to General Forum