It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Injuries to Wolf

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Errol Flynn

Injuries to Wolf

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 5:45 am

I have just started using a Wolf company. I am pretty hopeless with them. I have noticed though that even a lvl 2 fang warrior is a multiple card injury. I have been unlucky with injuries on my Wolves (2-3 every game) but it looks like all levelled units will be multiple carders. Lion for example attracts only 1 card injuries on fully levelled swords and bows. Is this something players familiar with a few factions are finding?
I obviously need to improve my Wolf play, but to me they look to be the weakest faction. I think the main reason for this is as the average player improves, Wolf gets more easily countered. It is not so much a case of Wolf getting worse as it is more and more players getting comfortable at playing against them.
If 2 players with little idea about the mechanics are playing then Wolf is strongest, after that I am not sure how they go.
I also found to my surprise that the Wolf Assault unit is actually the weakest of the Assaults despite being the most expensive. High DAM is much greater than Born Killer in many situations, especially on riposte. Its parry is not at the top level either, making it a far less flexible unit than the Ram/Lion equivalents.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Deep Blue

Re: Injuries to Wolf

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 9:34 am

i never had any issues with injuries and i never experienced a double injury when using wolf. I do play wolf a lot and yes i believe they are probably the weakest faction currently (minus if you use the worg - which all top 10 previous week used). Main reasons is that vs a legendary (worg or golem mainly - which are used a lot) they really have a tough time as they do not have enough flexible tools as the other two races.

take for example ferocious...9 ap that are really useful only vs one unit of the game. Add that a fang warrior with it gets feared so often (or always i would say) vs the golem and you have a unit made to "counter it" which even sucks at doing it. Harassment crossbowmen are the only valid option vs legendaries but remember that they can't move as much as the previous patch. Your magical damage is pretty much 0...and in melee the only unit who stands a chance is the GG but needs the golem to be surrounded to deal reliable damage...and if you are using ranged you will never get a good surrounded bonus.

Assault units vs the golem are terrible as they have WIL 4...so it is fear all the way and the damage is laughable (if they hit).
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to General Forum