It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

Compulsory VIP.....

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Errol Flynn

Compulsory VIP.....

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 pm

It is very silly to force players into VIP matches. I was q'd only 2minutes and I got a VIP match, I do not have VIP mode selected. The player I played looked to have built for it. I am guessing you can only tick VIP and get people who have only ticked DM. That is a really poor system. It looks to me like people are exploiting the strange MM system to get surprise VIP matches.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Almanro

Re: Compulsory VIP.....

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 pm

It happened to me once also (selected only DM, ended in a VIP). However the queue was over 5-6 minutes that time and I think it was before the last patch. Maybe it would be better to "force" a DM or a KotH more than a VIP map, which is the one requiring more particular set-ups.

SoulCollector

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Happened to me yesterday too, won my very first Vip match but still, I was unprepared for it. I also have only DM selected.

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm

i think i talked about this issue already: when playing ranked people cannot choose the mode they want. Alternatively, only one mode (dominion or deathmatch imo) is used in the ranked bracket. Simple as that.

About vip, for some reason i got paired for it only 2 times in 30+ matches so far, i guess golem players do not like it too much.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 11:53 pm

We are working on something that might clear that up.

It might take a while, though...
Can't comment much more right now ;)
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

MomOw

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Good ol' red dragon teasing :P

Do you have any schedule to share ? I mean planned schedule or even developpement phase / tollgate.
The game is still in beta so it should help us provide you the proper feedback.
ça manque quand même de compo chêne rouge : Syriak 2nd incarnation (invocation d'animae) + prédateurs sanglants + sentinelle wolfen + guerriers 32

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 5:47 pm

No, sorry :(

Because schedules can be delayed, be it because of testing and technical problems, or design issues.

Most of the time though, when we speak about something we are working on, you can expect to put your hands on it some weeks later. Usually sooner than later.

For everything that could come later than 3 months, we usually just advise you not hold your breath for the feature :)

Sometimes we announce something, and on rare occasions it gets delayed, though.
Or we kill some features we spoke about along the way.
These sorts of things happen a lot in our industry because we have to iterate on many levels.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Return to General Forum