It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Legendary Units

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Almanro

Legendary Units

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi all!

In this topic, please add your ideas and comments on what do you think of the legendary units and how to improve them.

Start always with saying if you have TRIED a unit or if you have only faced it!

E.g., in my case I've tried the Golem till lvl4 and the Worg till lvl4, while I've only faced the Chimera lvl4-5 or the Golem lvl5.

Golem: The stronger/tougher legendary unit at the moment. Till lvl2 you can kill it with many different compositions, while from lvl3 (HB) you MUST have either some units with special abilities (Valk, Black Paladin, less the GG) or high damage/Ferocious (Alahan Archers, Skeleton Warriors/Archers, Alahan Guards, Fangs, etc.). When it is lvl3 you can still get a draw more or less easily thanks to its low MOV, but then on lvl 4 he gets also +1MOV and it is the end (I got like 10-12 W, 1 D and 2 L when I played with it last time, also without having to think, simply running & engaging the enemy in most cases).
Before the patch, lvl4 was like 315 AP, now it is 275 AP so if before it was strong, now it is even stronger and unstoppable. I think that Rapidity and HB should at least be on the same lvl, HB should cost 20-30 points more or that the Golem itself should cost as it was before the patch (where my win/loss ratio was more like 10/5/5, not 10/2/1!).
It can easily win against both Chimera and Worg.

Worg: The weakest of all legendary units! :) A Worg lvl4 get owned when playing against a Chimera lvl4 or a Golem lvl3 easily and in general is much more a glass cannon than all the other ones: every enemy unit can heavily damage it and also you don't reduce to half the enemy life when you counterattack like the Golem or Chimera. Therefore, I think it is the only one more or less balanced AT lvl3-4, before it costs too much and it is completely useless as I highlighted in another post. I say it is more or less balanced, since when playing with it you have simply to go all out, but the enemy can still kill it without having special units or compositions (only be aware of his pursuit movement or it can kill 3 unit in a single turn when it is lvl4 if the Offensive tree has been selected!).

Chimera: Can not say anything conclusive on it since I've not tried it directly, only faced them when I was lvling up the Worg and it was always an auto-loss for me! :) She's more tough, she can par almost 1 attack every 2, hits harder than the Worg and she also casts spells! What do you want more? (I know, you want a Golem! ;) )

In general, I noticed that the legendary units are so-so till lvl3 (the Worg is highly unplayable but the Golem defends itself), then they got a very strong ability for too few APs and they become more dominant on all the other troops. Finally, their lvl4 ability is what overthrow everything else and they become completely OP. In order of strength and efficacy: Golem - Chimera - Worg when playing between legendaries, Golem - Worg - Chimera when playing against normal enemy companies.

Deep Blue

Re: Legendary Units

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

I faced all of them and tried by myself Golem and Worg.

Chimera: in closed it was a power house as it was hitting more than the golem (lol) and it was a Warrior-mage with AoE damage and kiting. Now it is balanced i would say but i dont see it around anymore which is a bit of a shame because im sure my wolven would love to play with it.

Worg: imo the hardest legendary to play. Once it gets implacable, warfury and bloodlust it becomes very performing. It can basically oneshot 3 units in one turn. Yeah it is costing a lot but is for sure brutal and open turtles like no one else. I add that small maps favor the worg immensely!

Golem: ah, my favorite. Depending on your army and game mode it can be easy win or a brutal defeat. I would be fine with the stats it has as long as a player can choose between hardboiled and rapidity. Both at the same time are too strong. A general suggestion that made me win vs golem especially as wolven: be able to create two comps: one vs wolf and lion and the other specifically vs undead which has some counter to the golem. Having only one army setup for the 3 races is not good imo.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deep Blue

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 6:48 pm

i add one fact. I played vs almost all the top 10 players using wolven and they are only using the worg + some other random units. Underpowered? i dont think so. it sucks vs golem but well....you can't have all.

I also find disturbing im (nearly) the only wolven player using non-worg themed comp. I think i met maybe a guy doing fang/crossbowmen zerg but thats it. This shows the poor state of the wolf right now imo. I got 6 losses so far and 3 draws and i think 90% of it was vs legendary with a comp focused on elite units (pob or gg).

You know they are in a sorry state vs legendaries when you surround these units with 5 of your units - which is actually all your warband and they manage to kill all of them by simply selecting the unit they want to attack AND you invested into "anti-legendary" tools.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Almanro

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Deep Blue wrote:i add one fact. I played vs almost all the top 10 players using wolven and they are only using the worg + some other random units. Underpowered? i dont think so. it sucks vs golem but well....you can't have all.

As I said, it is underpowered when it is lvl1-2, when it is lvl3 you can play with it with both the HB or BL choices and you'll win 50% of matches, then as soon as it gets to lvl4 (and I'm completely sure the top 10 players using Wolfen have it lvled up to at least lvl3-4) you'll win 80-90% of matches but it'll always lose against both Chimera and Golem, so yes, it is the weakest of the legendary units and yes, all the legendary units are completely OP (or too AP cheap) when they finally reach lvl4! I noticed that I was not clear enough on this point in my last post. Citing myself:

Almanro wrote:iIn general, I noticed that the legendary units are so-so till lvl3 (the Worg is highly unplayable but the Golem defends itself), then they got a very strong ability for too few APs and they become more dominant on all the other troops. Finally, their lvl4 ability is what overthrow everything else and they become completely OP.

Return to General Forum