It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Useless skills and abilities - volume 2

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Useless skills and abilities - volume 2

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Internal rage is very nice imo as it cost only 2 mana it deals lot of damage especially to casters (22 damage with focus on lion mage)
Rage is more op than interesting... such spell on unit that can still attack in hth is really pain for high will lions :P
becouse lets give lions high will for resisting a fear... and undeads low will with immune... and lets add spell reverting positive stat into another weakness ;p
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Internal rage is very nice imo as it cost only 2 mana it deals lot of damage especially to casters (22 damage with focus on lion mage)
Rage is more op than interesting... such spell on unit that can still attack in hth is really pain for high will lions :P
becouse lets give lions high will for resisting a fear... and undeads low will with immune... and lets add spell reverting positive stat into another weakness ;p

i used it when lonewolves were OP and that spell made them even more OP with focus :D one of the hidden gem of the game imo. You could kill any caster (faithful and mages) relatively easy with such a long range :O ok sometimes it sucked vs undeads or low WIL units but this is why you have your primal attack (which i wonder if it benefits now from focus btw)

EDIT i put some of your opinions to the list. I will add more if i see them appearing often.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 am

NOTE: Double shot on a Skeleton Archer could be combined with the statistics of a Black Paladin (BP ability). That is far from useless me thinks.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Deep Blue

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 8:42 am

Errol Flynn wrote:NOTE: Double shot on a Skeleton Archer could be combined with the statistics of a Black Paladin (BP ability). That is far from useless me thinks.

this make things more interesting i agree, as it would have ACC 5 (assuming full HP). We are still talking about a skill effective at point blank only even with the buff. I agree that is better than nothing but still far far away from lion which can have basically offensive x 4 on archers from a better distance. Did you test it or you are just speculating it is good?

Useful links:

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 am

Deep Blue wrote:
Errol Flynn wrote:NOTE: Double shot on a Skeleton Archer could be combined with the statistics of a Black Paladin (BP ability). That is far from useless me thinks.

this make things more interesting i agree, as it would have ACC 5 (assuming full HP). We are still talking about a skill effective at point blank only even with the buff. I agree that is better than nothing but still far far away from lion which can have basically offensive x 4 on archers from a better distance. Did you test it or you are just speculating it is good?

I have not had much of a chance to play lately, and no have not tested it. I don't need to test it to know that it is good. Somatic Transfer boosts the DAM as well as ACC. I have bought the BP's and had planned to build based on this mechanic prior to the last patch. They do not have to Double Shot, but when the armies get closer it becomes a pretty devastating combo. You can also skill to reduce the effects of injuries on the Archers. I posted this because people tend to assume ST has to be used on a muppet (that is a very good use obviously). I would appreciate anybody who has tried or is prepared to try it posting the results. ST lasts 2 turns also, which makes this kind of use much more viable. Remember you are comparing this to a levelled Lion Archer using Divine Favour. I have actually only played 2 games with Ram as it was my brothers company before he got his own account. I am pretty familiar with their units and the power of Double shot even without Divine for my Lion team. ST gives higher base ACC than a Lion archer and believe me I regularly use double shot without Divine to great effect with my Lion bows. The ST'd Skele archer can also use offensive stance from a distance, more effectively than a lion archer........
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Deep Blue

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 9:27 pm

for the sake of testing i finally pushed myself into trying aura of crepuscular princes. There is one thing i never noticed about that skill, other than occult is so much better and costs only 1 AP more.

It costs THREE faith. Like spiritual aggression or middle way. It is as overpriced as ylia's love for what it brings. Two should be the right number imo....and even then for a skill that lasts until the end of turn it is not that great. I appreciate the new fear roll mechanic though so maybe 2 turns activation would be better....or give the pala "unavoidable destiny" from the closed :D
Last edited by Deep Blue on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Useful links:

SoulCollector

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Deep Blue wrote:for the sake of testing i finally pushed myself into trying aura of crepuscular princes. There is one thing i never noticed about that skill, other than occult is so much better and costs only 1 AP more.

It costs THREE faith. Like spiritual aggression or middle way. It is as overpriced as ylia's love for what it brings. Two should be the right number imo....and even then for a skill that lasts until the end of turn it is not that great. I appreciate the new fear roll mechanic though so maybe 2 activations would be better....or give the pala "unavoidable destiny" from the closed :D

Ok, I'm extremely curious about this "unavoidable destiny" talent, care to describe it?. XD

Deep Blue

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 11:50 pm

SoulCollector wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:for the sake of testing i finally pushed myself into trying aura of crepuscular princes. There is one thing i never noticed about that skill, other than occult is so much better and costs only 1 AP more.

It costs THREE faith. Like spiritual aggression or middle way. It is as overpriced as ylia's love for what it brings. Two should be the right number imo....and even then for a skill that lasts until the end of turn it is not that great. I appreciate the new fear roll mechanic though so maybe 2 activations would be better....or give the pala "unavoidable destiny" from the closed :D

Ok, I'm extremely curious about this "unavoidable destiny" talent, care to describe it?. XD

during closed beta the priest could choose between 3 skills at lvl 2. Two of them are currently available (aura + transfer) while the third one for some reasons got eliminated - which is quite funny as it wasn't OP at all.

What it did, if i remember correctly:

-everytime you fail a roll (parry/dodge/failed incantation) the cursed enemy stats decrease by 1 and it takes 5 points of damage. The effect is dispelled if the caster dies. Range 4 (i think?) and frequency 1 (?)

as you can imagine it had a great sinergy with bad omen on the priest as well as the paladins/crane that can parry a lot.

Useful links:

SoulCollector

PostSun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am

Deep Blue wrote:during closed beta the priest could choose between 3 skills at lvl 2. Two of them are currently available (aura + transfer) while the third one for some reasons got eliminated - which is quite funny as it wasn't OP at all.

What it did, if i remember correctly:

-everytime you fail a roll (parry/dodge/failed incantation) the cursed enemy stats decrease by 1 and it takes 5 points of damage. The effect is dispelled if the caster dies. Range 4 (i think?) and frequency 1 (?)

as you can imagine it had a great sinergy with bad omen on the priest as well as the paladins/crane that can parry a lot.

:shock: That does sound pretty good!!! I vote for bringing it back too.

Almanro

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Almost useless ability: Worg lvl5 "War Fury" (+3DAM; +3 ACC; -6 TOU) -> the Worg will kill anyway more or less any enemy unit with his base attacks while his weak point is already his low TOU -> using this ability would mean the Worg is surely dead at the end of turn.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum