It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am

Fightclubbing.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Sernior

Fightclubbing.

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 12:05 pm

I am risking here to become very unpopular but this has to be said by someone.

For those who dont know the verb, "fightclubbing" is the act of using 2 accounts, or playing against a friend who is letting you winning on purpose in order to increase ranking rating.
Now, this game actually allows fightclubbing and it is quite obvious some guys are doing it (i mean i went to sleep and a guy was at about 50ish points and the day after i woke up at 8am and when i logged to send mercenaries to mission before leaving the guy had 110, serious?), so i wanted to ask how this is going to be dealt.
Are you giving rewards to cheaters instead than giving rewards to betatesters who help with feedback?

NOTE: the purpose of this post is not to discuss if fightclubbing is going on or not I am sure some guys are doing it, i dont know how but i can imagine hunders of ways to do it right now... the purpose of this post is to help devs taking care of an issue that imho is game ruining.

Almanro

Re: Fightclubbing.

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Theoretically, if you start a match with a friend you do neither get points for the rank nor more or less any end-match reward, so "fightclubbing" should be useless at least if it is not bugged. The devs can also check easily the battle log of the top players, so if cheats are used they may be banned in the future.

EDIT: Who are you speaking about? Now the leaderboard top score is just 50 and also the maximum battles are about 50
Last edited by Almanro on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 pm

its propably about playing durning 'empty hours' when they are not many players around - becouse i dont have another idea how to try something like that ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:its propably about playing durning 'empty hours' when they are not many players around - becouse i dont have another idea how to try something like that ;)

this. Add the fact that there also people from America and Europe (and asia?) playing which means that there are matches more or less always. It would be very hard to do that...also the matchmaking system will make your friend have a lower rank than you because he is keep losing --> no more boosting as you will never be matched with him.

so, fight club is just a movie, not a problem of this game.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Sernior

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Almanro wrote:EDIT: Who are you speaking about? Now the leaderboard top score is just 50 and also the maximum battles are about 50

Past week, if you want name ask me in PM.

Deep Blue wrote:so, fight club is just a movie, not a problem of this game.

Sernior wrote:NOTE: the purpose of this post is not to discuss if fightclubbing is going on or not I am sure some guys are doing it, i dont know how but i can imagine hunders of ways to do it right now... .

Deep Blue wrote:It would be very hard to do that

Am I already becoming unpopular for talking about this problem?
No it is not, I tryed a couple of time with a friend of mine in 250 bracket just to see how hard it was during the past 30 minuts.
If you dont want to belive me try urself go with another guy in queue at the same time and see, anyways u can not accept the game if you see that you and your friend do not receive invitation at the same time.

PS and it is fightclubbing not fight club.

Almanro

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 pm

In the 250AP bracket there are a lot less people since at the moment is not ranked, moreover, if you keep refusing the games when you and your friend don't see the pop-up at the same time if I remember correctly you'll be put in a slower queue for the people who escapes from games (where however effectively it would be easier to find your friend, since both of you are escaping other matches together...). A possible solution would be to limit the games against another player to like 5 per day (not in friendly mode of course).

Moreover, after you get a match against another player, I noticed that the game usually propose again the same player in the few following matches.

p122ab0y

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm

In diablo 3 they called this multiboxing which interestingly the administrators did not take action against although it is frowned upon. I guess the argument and slight incentive is that the player would have yo purchase two or more legitimate copies of the game and also that while providing an advantage it does not involve hacking or use of 3rd party software that inject or modify proprietary code ( the game). In the DoW case the process to exploit this "legitimately" (I just did a juxtaposition there you see that?!) can be very timeconsuming and definitely would fizzle to non-issue as playerbase increase ( if it increase). All that being said having administrators regulate this type of behavior is inefficient and can be messy (because if there's a way to gain an advantage there will always be people to do it. And also because it's not manipulating the game software and as such it's really the responsibility of the game developers). Its up to the devs to fix it.

p122ab0y

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Oh one more thing. Sernior in regards to game ruinning, Its probably not as severe as you make it sound. 1) who cares if they're doing it in the nonranking 250 brackets 2) It can have negative effects in ap 400. Do keep in mind if its a friend, then I guess while frowned upon a person do have the right to cancel a match and the right to forfeit a match (losing on purpose) if he so chooses. Also keep in mind if its a person with two accounts he'd have to level to renown rank 8. Thiswould be very timeconsuming exploitable and probably oonly done by hardcore players who have enough time to play enough matches to make top 10. This subset of players doess not represent a majority of casual players thereby lowering the severity of this issue. 3) because the majority casual players proably does not have the goal of top 10 nor are they aware of this issue theyd likely just acept top 10 are hardcore and move along their merry way. Now by exposing this truth you may anger and create more exploiters so you're actually creating chaos and make people want to leave by voicing it. For that reason you may be chastisted or revered. You pulled a snowden.

Sernior

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 pm

p122ab0y wrote:You pulled a snowden.

Why would that be bad? If many start doing it devs will have to fix it... and it is strange it was not fixed already, there are many easy to implement solutions involving minor changes to the match making queue.

About your whole "only hardcore players can do it" argument I simply say i do not care, as long as even one person can do it the game is wrong and allows an exploit to be used... this is betatesting and I am reporting an exploit that maybe only hardcore players can use, but nevertheless an exploit.

Also maybe my post was missunderstod but I am not asking to punish some guy or some admin or moderators intervention, I am reporting an exploit that must be dealt by devs imho.

p122ab0y

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 10:12 pm

I didn't claim your whistleblowing is bad I was just offering the perspective because you yourself believed that you are at risk of being unpopular. Note that I said you may be "chastised or revered". Snowden is considered a hero to many but on the flip side despised by many as well. I assumed that by making a public post about this issue, you are looking for constructive feedback. All I'm doing is providing you a perspective and consequences. Keep in mind that eventhough you claim that this is not a post to flame people and your intention is suppose to be constructive, you've subtlely attacked players (presumably those who have top scores) by accusing them of cheating. You're language is full of underlining attacks and I quote, 1) "it is quite obvious some guys are doing it". 2) "Are you giving rewards to cheaters instead than giving rewards to betatesters who help with feedback" 3) "Past week, if you want name ask me in PM.
" (in reference to who you suspect is an exploiter).

Your concern is valid, but you've undermined yourself by revealing your impartial standpoint and obviously baseless prosecution (lack of evidence). Like I said, I don't disagree that people may be doing this, but who gives you the right to impose judgement especially with no concrete evidence other than your assumption "the guy had 50ish points.. after I woke up he had 110". You don't have to spell out who you suspect. Last week Malice was number one and I know that because he actually said that in a post. Also I'm currently number #1 maybe I'm exploiting. In your post, you've attacked hardcore players (people who get high ranks) and you've attacked developers by your sneer remark "you giving rewards to cheaters instead than giving rewards to betatesters who help with feedback". All you've done with this alleged "constructive post" is cause damage and enemies.

Edite: to your point, "as long as even one person can do it the game is wrong and allows an exploit to be used". Did you not just welcome more exploiters by making this public rather than reporting this to developers directly? I suspect we might now expect to see a whole lot more curious players try it out and potentially begin exploiting. Heck youve even encouraged this yourself, "If you dont want to belive me try urself go with another guy in queue at the same time and see"!. Now all will know when legitimate players start getting matches cancelled on laeding to massive playerbase leaving this game, it started with someone creating a post that they thought was harmless. Good Job Mr. I'm trying to help the devs.
Last edited by p122ab0y on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to General Forum