It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm

Fightclubbing.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

SoulCollector

Re: Fightclubbing.

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 10:33 pm

p122ab0y wrote: For that reason you may be chastisted or revered. You pulled a snowden.

OK... That has to be one of the best remarks i have read on many forums in days. p122a my friend, i give you +1 Internet point.

On the issue about this exploit im not even sure if its doable or not but i kind of agree with Pizza here, if you suspect this exploit is possible you should have try to keep it between you and the devs only. All players have access to this forum and by posting this you probably will make it far more popular than what is already is at this point.

If you have any experience with patches on this game you will know it will take some time to fix this and till then the top 10 is in danger of being a exploit fest now for the free 50 cyans.

Hopefully im wrong and precisely because it was made public it will get fixed faster.

Sernior

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 11:40 pm

p122ab0y wrote:I didn't claim your whistleblowing is bad I was just offering the perspective because you yourself believed that you are at risk of being unpopular. Note that I said you may be "chastised or revered". Snowden is considered a hero to many but on the flip side despised by many as well. I assumed that by making a public post about this issue, you are looking for constructive feedback. All I'm doing is providing you a perspective and consequences. Keep in mind that eventhough you claim that this is not a post to flame people and your intention is suppose to be constructive, you've subtlely attacked players (presumably those who have top scores) by accusing them of cheating. You're language is full of underlining attacks and I quote, 1) "it is quite obvious some guys are doing it". 2) "Are you giving rewards to cheaters instead than giving rewards to betatesters who help with feedback" 3) "Past week, if you want name ask me in PM.
" (in reference to who you suspect is an exploiter).

Your concern is valid, but you've undermined yourself by revealing your impartial standpoint and obviously baseless prosecution (lack of evidence). Like I said, I don't disagree that people may be doing this, but who gives you the right to impose judgement especially with no concrete evidence other than your assumption "the guy had 50ish points.. after I woke up he had 110". You don't have to spell out who you suspect. Last week Malice was number one and I know that because he actually said that in a post. Also I'm currently number #1 maybe I'm exploiting. In your post, you've attacked hardcore players (people who get high ranks) and you've attacked developers by your sneer remark "you giving rewards to cheaters instead than giving rewards to betatesters who help with feedback". All you've done with this alleged "constructive post" is cause damage and enemies.

Edite: to your point, "as long as even one person can do it the game is wrong and allows an exploit to be used". Did you not just welcome more exploiters by making this public rather than reporting this to developers directly? I suspect we might now expect to see a whole lot more curious players try it out and potentially begin exploiting. Heck youve even encouraged this yourself, "If you dont want to belive me try urself go with another guy in queue at the same time and see"!. Now all will know when legitimate players start getting matches cancelled on laeding to massive playerbase leaving this game, it started with someone creating a post that they thought was harmless. Good Job Mr. I'm trying to help the devs.

I hate to answer to such a walltext with just a couple of little sentences:
a) I never pretended to be impartial, and if you want to know, I am not, I consider fightclubbers cheaters and in my hopinion those players should be punished. This said I do not belive devs are going to punish any1 so I just asked for a solution to the problem.
b) I never wanted a constructive topic I even said that in NOTE on my first post im simply informing devs of a problems that in my opinion should be dealt with.

Dont consider my post to be harsh and also consider that my initial comment about "risking of becoming unpopular" was just ironic and should have being interpreted this way: "I do not give a f*** if I become unpopular because if I do, I will become unpopular only to cheaters".
And in general I do not care about the comunity right now, I simply like the game, think it's a great idea, and so I want to help devs in fixing these kind exploit that even if can't really be considered bugs, are as bad as bugs.

And anyways, I want to repeat my offer to the comunity:
Past week I saw a guy going from 50 points to 110 in one single night from 11pm to 8 am cet time, if anyone wants the name can ask me in PM.
Last edited by Sernior on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

p122ab0y

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 12:04 am

Well I can't speak for this week but last week I wasn't even on the scoreboard. So not it.

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 7:10 am

You can leave a match at start up without penalty. This would make "Fightclubbing" quite easy really. Just wait for a match against your dummy player. I had never thought of it being a major problem though. The devs would be in a better position to check those at the top of the rankings and see if it really is an issue.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 10:38 am

We'd like you to please PM us the name of the player who topped the 400 AP bracket ladder using your alleged exploit so that we can investigate.

I am not as sure as you are that someone is cheating here, because honestly it seems hard to pull off, though I guess it might be possible in theory. If there is a problem here, we will make sure to fix it.

But if I read your post correctly, you wrote that someone made it in the top 100 in a 9 hours time window, and that in your opinion it is impossible ? I can already assure you that it is indeed possible, even in the 400 AP bracket.
9 hours is a very long time, and this player might be playing during this whole time, so it might not be unthinkable that he did it during that session; especially if he won a lot, or if he found a way to win his games quickly, or conceded as soon as he realised that he was losing.

If we were speaking about a 1 hour time period, it would be a whole different story.
But please give us the name in private, we will look into that.

Errol Flynn wrote:You can leave a match at start up without penalty.

No, you can't. Leaving before the end of compensation process will tag you as a leaver, hitting your fiability and making it harder to find any match in the long run -with anyone- which shouldn't help with the alleged exploit reported here.

If you leave after you entered the game, and in whatever state the game is at that point (deployment, etc), it will be considered a loss.
So you won't be able to climb any part of the Ladder doing that (because of the W/L ratio used for the score).
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 am

Jigoku wrote:
Errol Flynn wrote:You can leave a match at start up without penalty.

No, you can't. Leaving before the end of compensation process will tag you as a leaver, hitting your fiability and making it harder to find any match in the long run -with anyone- which shouldn't help with the alleged exploit reported here.

I don't consider that a real penalty. It does make it harder to 'fightclub' though and I was not aware of it. You have to remember that the type of person that would cheat in a game like this would not find that too much of an inconvenience. It is effectively making cash also. People will do almost anything for money lol.

This another reason not to be able to see player/company name at pre-match, just faction. I am not sure how common 'fightclubbing' is, but it is definitely doable. You as the devs should be pretty easily able to detect it though so I will trust your conclusions.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Golem

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 11:09 am

Personnaly I have tried to get a queue match with a friend on european evening hours (not for fightclubbing but to play with a friend without loosing time of progression), it was not possible. Even when we got a simultaneous match it was not with the same opponent.

And it was in 250 points where there should be less people and where it's not ranked.

Sernior

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I sent a response to Jinoku but I wanted also to share my solution for this problem that I already sent him:
Implement top 100 spectator mode, where every1 can, in any moment, spectate top 100 games, this would not only solve the problem, but would also be an hell of a damn nice feature that would keep lots of players more involved.

p122ab0y

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Sernior wrote:I sent a response to Jinoku but I wanted also to share my solution for this problem that I already sent him:
Implement top 100 spectator mode, where every1 can, in any moment, spectate top 100 games, this would not only solve the problem, but would also be an hell of a damn nice feature that would keep lots of players more involved.

I absolutely disagree with your idea. You should cconsider the time and resources required by developers to implement something like that. This idea convolutes the issue at hand and lean more towards a feature enhancement. It would be more efficient and less time consuming to implement a fix that requires minimum changes to the base coding of this game. I think in this case the most obvious solution is to tweak and/or applie some new rules to the current matchmaking system.

Consider also the impact your proposal has on the players. While some may like it, I venture to people in general prefer to more freedom to choose whether or not they wish to have their games broadcasted. By making it mandatory, you might risk pushing players away. Now on the other hand, there are already many 3rd party mediums available for players who wish to "voluntarily" share their gameplay such as youtube or twitch.tv. These are more appropriate and in fact promotes more community involvement and often lead to innovations that would otherwise require involvement from developers (This forum for example of a relatively laissez-faire medium that lead to HOD's innovative ap calculator".

While this "fightclubbing" may indeed be an issue, I personally don't consider it to be a major one. It just so happens that the current "end-game" reward is focused on pvp ranking but I believe in the future there will be many more incentives for players to play (such as farming items). These new incentives will encourage players to diversify how they choose to spend their time and not just in a competitive space (which is usually dominated by hardcore players rather than casual). It's nice to win some cyan but personally it is not gamebreaking to me if I don't win 50 (Keep in mind also that it is relatively easy to win 10 or at the very least 3 cyan). If this were a business decision, I would much rather see developers focus their energy on more important things such as server/gameplay stability, gameplay balancing, and new content. I think these areas are more important focus for attracting new players as well as retaining current players.

Boom.

SoulCollector

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 am

p122ab0y wrote:I absolutely disagree with your idea. You should cconsider the time and resources required by developers to implement something like that. This idea convolutes the issue at hand and lean more towards a feature enhancement. It would be more efficient and less time consuming to implement a fix that requires minimum changes to the base coding of this game. I think in this case the most obvious solution is to tweak and/or applie some new rules to the current matchmaking system.

Consider also the impact your proposal has on the players. While some may like it, I venture to people in general prefer to more freedom to choose whether or not they wish to have their games broadcasted. By making it mandatory, you might risk pushing players away. Now on the other hand, there are already many 3rd party mediums available for players who wish to "voluntarily" share their gameplay such as youtube or twitch.tv. These are more appropriate and in fact promotes more community involvement and often lead to innovations that would otherwise require involvement from developers (This forum for example of a relatively laissez-faire medium that lead to HOD's innovative ap calculator".

While this "fightclubbing" may indeed be an issue, I personally don't consider it to be a major one. It just so happens that the current "end-game" reward is focused on pvp ranking but I believe in the future there will be many more incentives for players to play (such as farming items). These new incentives will encourage players to diversify how they choose to spend their time and not just in a competitive space (which is usually dominated by hardcore players rather than casual). It's nice to win some cyan but personally it is not gamebreaking to me if I don't win 50 (Keep in mind also that it is relatively easy to win 10 or at the very least 3 cyan). If this were a business decision, I would much rather see developers focus their energy on more important things such as server/gameplay stability, gameplay balancing, and new content. I think these areas are more important focus for attracting new players as well as retaining current players.

Boom.

Completely agree.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum