It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

top 100

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

p122ab0y

top 100

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:05 am

If you have two companies in top 100 do you get 2x the reward (50, 10, 3 respectively)?

Malice

Re: top 100

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 am

No, only the highest one counts.

You can find the information on the second tab from the left. It states 'If a player has more than one company he will only receive the reward of the best ranked company.'

Almanro

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Only one counts and at the moment, the second one only doesn't allow other people to get a reward of cyans, so if you have two, just lose some games on Sunday with the second one so that it stays out of the top 100 and another player can get the reward! :)

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Almanro wrote:Only one counts and at the moment, the second one only doesn't allow other people to get a reward of cyans, so if you have two, just lose some games on Sunday with the second one so that it stays out of the top 100 and another player can get the reward! :)

exploit the system, with your second "low ranked" company and start losing on purpose -> next week you will have a lower ELO and you will meet inexeperienced players --> you will fly at top 10 once again, YAY!

Notice that im showing this just as a flaw of the current system which could be theoretically abused. I guess there is no real way of solving it though (at least nothing i can think of :oops: )
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

p122ab0y

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 5:20 pm

I don't think your theory is sound, at least not from my experience. And if it did to some degree it may give you a headstart to top 100 but eventually youll start getting matched with better players. Aso keep in mind the event span over a week and becomes more competitive as the week progress. This is not a viable exploit if at all. For anyone who's been in the top 10 you know you get matched with top rankingplayers 90% of the time

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm

p122ab0y wrote:I don't think your theory is sound, at least not from my experience. And if it did to some degree it may give you a headstart to top 100 but eventually youll start getting matched with better players. Aso keep in mind the event span over a week and becomes more competitive as the week progress. This is not a viable exploit if at all. For anyone who's been in the top 10 you know you get matched with top rankingplayers 90% of the time

yeah this is true altough i never tried this possible flaw (mostly because it will be a bit boring). I wonder if the ELO considers also your current ladder rank or it is just a number made of only win/loss ratio (+ some tweaks of course)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to General Forum