It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 am

[Bug] warrior-monks/mages melee

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

[Bug] warrior-monks/mages melee

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 3:36 pm

spotted another bug which is also very annoying. I tested it so im 100% sure. Here is how to replicate it.

I describe an example as it is easier:

-I've my wolven lonewolf and the enemy is at 5 hexagons from me. I cast the primal attack of water (or any spell) and then i proceed to attack it. Now this is the critical point: if i click directly to attack the target , my unit will do so. If instead i just want to move closer to it and THEN attack it (ie: im checking if the fear procs for example) the game automatically passes the turn, without allowing me to attack.

notice that this "works" only if your enemy is at the maximum moving distance to perform an attack and if you do not directly click attack on him. It doesn't matter the unit or spell im using of course.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

Re: [Bug] warrior-monks/mages melee

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 3:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2745#p7161
im not sure if its bug or not but after new patch Warrior Mages/Monks have not only move after cast reduced to MOV stat but also have atack range decreased if its not pointed directly - if i move full mov after spell/miracle unit turn ends without chance to attack.

I think that is connected with feature for auto ending turn of pure mages (that is also annoying - i always forget about deffensive stance before spell cast and sometimes i simply dont knew if i will use defense or not - dependin on how many enemies stay alive for example ;) )
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm

I can confirm that it is not intended.

We won't be able to fix it right now, but we will be working on it as soon as possible.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm

additionally If i can ask - a option to turn off auto-end pure Mage/Priest turn - would be nice for a defensive stance reason.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:additionally If i can ask - a option to turn off auto-end pure Mage/Priest turn - would be nice for a defensive stance reason.

an option to disable automatically ending the turn would be even better....
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Yes - it's been debated quite a bit in the team some time ago.

We agree that experienced players can find that annoying, but focus testing has shown us that new players had really a hard time skipping their turn with casters, making some of their turns painfully long, both for them and for their opponents.

So we opted for the "auto-skip" method. Our thinking was that experienced players could still work around the problem (activating Defensive Stance before, etc).
Of course we often get caught ourselves by the auto-skip (well actually I do, can't speak for the other devs) and then get... unhappy, but it is a small price compared to what new players can experience without that feature.

In any case, I agree that a gameplay option checkbox for advanced players would be very nice.
It would need more work than meets the eye though, so I can't tell when we will make it - if we make it.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

SoulCollector

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Yes, i have had to tell a lot of new players how to make a turn faster with space bar, maybe we should have some kind of notice for that? for example: after a turn has gone for more than 15 seconds without movement, some kind of text on the bottom of the screen pops up for 3 seconds or something telling him he can mark the end of the activation pressing space bar, i think that could work.

Making an option to stop the auto-end activation but not for only the casters but for all units would be great, i mean some times i just forget to put on def stance from the start and i can't do it anymore at the end.

Return to General Forum