It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Small list of current issues

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Almanro

Re: Small list of current issues

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Deep Blue wrote:After some thinking i agree that ring of ice should buff with Vivacity (+2 DOD vs ranged).

That would be a heavy nerf respect to its current version, since you could then use it effectively only on elites and legendary units. Instead it needs more a buff, like keeping it around till the mage next two activations, since otherwise it usually stay on for only 1 turn effectively.

Deep Blue wrote:-Ylia's love: i like this skill i really do...but for the love of Ylia...why it costs 3 faith? Mortal insolence costs 2 as exhausting touch (just giving an example) and they provide a much higher impact than a skill that usually heals for 5 at the end of every turn. it is super well performing if your guy manages to escape, and escape until he has regenerated a nice portion of heal...i even tried it but i was never succesful at it and i guess my personal record was +10 hp with one ylia's love over two turns. With all the zergs going around it is pretty hard to have it stick more than 1 turn.

It is pretty useless especially with the current Tiny Maps, since usually you have to disengage your unit, so most of the cases you'll receive more damage then what you're healing in 2-3 turns. It can instead be useful in the 800 AP range, but nobody plays it at the moment. :p

PS: I agree with your other points mostly

Deep Blue

Re: Small list of current issues

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Almanro wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:After some thinking i agree that ring of ice should buff with Vivacity (+2 DOD vs ranged).

That would be a heavy nerf respect to its current version, since you could then use it effectively only on elites and legendary units. Instead it needs more a buff, like keeping it around till the mage next two activations, since otherwise it usually stay on for only 1 turn effectively.

well i guess the shields are generally used a support ability to expensive unit so it kind of makes sense. I remember i tried the wolven hunter with vivacity and i was pretty impressed as you could engage archers (even 2) without having a high % of getting hit in melee - which is quite common vs lion archers btw. The skill basically wouldn't make you suffer those early injuries from long distance and avoid most pointblank shot in melee. Well i guess it should be tested ^^
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
Previous

Return to General Forum