It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Small list of current issues

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deuzerre

Small list of current issues

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 6:10 pm

In no particular order.

- [Gameplay] Legendaries in the 250pts bracket. Ruins gameplay for newbies.
- [balance] Golem or Archeon able to take both Mobility and Rapidity. Should take one or the other, not both.
- [Balance] "Insensitive/Ring of mist" should provide spell damage reduction (like hard boiled), "Ring of Ice" should provide ranged damage reduction, and "Hard boiled" should provide Melee damage reduction, all with the same -3 damage (1 minimum) rule, to be complementary and not "unpredictable luck".
- [UI] small arrows in skill tree pointing at next rank should be removed since they have no purpose [Sküll Warrior, gargoyle]
- [Map design] display "invisible walls"
- [UI] Make it so the "highlight exagon" actually works :P
- [UI] Show real % chance to hit, taking all modified stats into consideration (example: Parry skill)
- [UI] Show effects applied like % [example: If I charge a unit with a wolf, I want to see "x% to hit, 100% stun, Y% fear"
- [Tooltip] Counter-attack should include, in the tooltip "[...]it suffers a -2PAR penalty (except if it is ambidextrous), [...]" since nothing explains what ambidextrous provides outside the battlefield.
- [tooltip] "Bravery" should include, in the tooltip "[...] any fear effects. Grants +1 DAM if it succeeds a Fear roll for the duration of the turn."
- [Balance] Skeleton Warrior could switch possessed for Fierce to grant it more staying power.
- [Translation] Sneak attack: "Malus" should be replaced with Penalty [Malus n'es pas un mot Anglais]
- [Gameplay] Deployment areas should never be within 6 of each other, unless you want to reduce WOLF's average MOV down to 5. (would require many other rebalances though).
- [Store] "Ascending price in DUCAS" starts with units that don't have a price in DUCAS when all levels are selected. These shoul be last.
- [Store] you could probably set "Levels" to "all" so that people can actually know that they can buy units at higher levels with gold, but sort them by levels.
- [store] We need skins 8-)
EDIT:
- [Gameplay] Mission panel should have all troops from all companies present, not only the active one.
- [UI] ability to sort units in the company panel.
- [UI] should show the actual XP even without level actually unlocked (Level 3 unit with 2 abilities that haven't been bought should show real XP value, not "up to last level" XP value.
Last edited by Deuzerre on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Small list of current issues

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

im not sure if its bug or not but after new patch Warrior Mages/Monks have not only move after cast reduced to MOV stat but also have atack range decreased if its not pointed directly - if i move full mov after spell/miracle unit turn ends without chance to attack.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deuzerre

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:im not sure if its bug or not but after new patch Warrior Mages/Monks have not only move after cast reduced to MOV stat but also have atack range decreased if its not pointed directly - if i move full mov after spell/miracle unit turn ends without chance to attack.

I think it's intentional.

Full Move + run
or
Full Move + cast (no run)
or
Partial move + cast + end the full move (no run)

Isn't it the same for Harassment stance?

Deep Blue

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm

About the ring of ice/mist, take a look at my suggestions also to revamp other RNG skills (assassin, survival instinct) and express your opinion ;-) :
http://forums.dogsofwar-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2730

the parry issue is connected to the server and i doubt it will be fixed anytime soon. This issue is known to cyanide since the early closed beta :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deuzerre

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Yeah, I know of your thread, which basically inspired the idea. Note that it's a nerf to Hard boiled too so the others can have room to exist.

For the stat issue... Never hurts to remind them :P

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Isn't it the same for Harassment stance?

not exacly because you can't attack after harrasment shot ;)
and range aftter the cast is marked with green hex - thats suggestion of full move-attack potential. The problem is that you can attack at full distance if you attack like charge (pointing target) but you cant move and point the target afterwards.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deuzerre

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, similar then. It's fairly balanced: Warrior-casters can cast 1 spell and attack, but it costs mana/faith and puts at risk in Melee, while Harassment can only shoot once but with barely any penalties (like risk, mana/faith, fail chance...)

Deuzerre

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 am

Bump.

So, no comments on the rest?

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 am

uhm i agree on most stuff :D i would like to see the changesin my topic, especially for assassin (100% crit chance if 100%+ hit rate and survival instinct that negates the surround malus).

After some thinking i agree that ring of ice should buff with Vivacity (+2 DOD vs ranged). Mist and insensitive are a bit trickier and maybe need further thinking as it is not so easy to find a sweet spot :)

Other than that other balance issues (mostly wolven):

-i feel like elites aren't still worth it. It is currently a suicide to level them over lvl 2 or 3 as their AP cost won't be reflected by performances and zergs will always beat them.

-Skull warrior seems to have the best AP/performance ratio altough it suffers the same issue, being wasted AP over lvl 2-3

-PoB is still costing too much for what it does. I run a build totally focused on supporting it (the aim is to make it lvl 5!) but
is providing very bad results as vs undead zergs/golems i stand no chance at all and i might surrender from the start.

-GG is costing almost as the PoB but it also feel like is costing too much and the -1 DAM really hurt him (i top 10 with it few patches ago when it had more or less the same price but now the fact that it can't do 10 dam minimum to most units - even the basics is a big deal)

-What irritates me the most is when i see the grave guardian has the MARTYR skill for TEN (!!!) AP. I really hope it is a typo and it costs 1 because it already sucks when you lose life on your expensive unit and spending 10 AP for it is really crazy.

-Mortification from wolven lonewolf should have its difficulty reduced. Currently it is viable if it has regeneration...but this means a 85% chance. Regardless if it fails or not you will always lose 10 HP . If you take mastery of arcana instead you will realistically use it only 2 (maybe) during a match which is not worth it. Mastery of arcana should be specifically made for internal rage not to increase mortification odds as it needs regenaration. I would like the base chance to be at 95% without mastery for it.

- Wolven lacks golem counters. Ferocious could be renamed into Scourge: Golem and nobody will ever notice the difference. Compared to other races wolven should realistically have at least three ferocious units to have good odds when fighting a golem which this is translated into about 200 AP . This limits the customization chances as if you want to a shot vs any warband you always have to consider that. Also if you compare ferocious vs other golem counters (incarnation, e-touch etc) you will notice that they work pretty good also vs other enemies. I would add that PoB should have ferocious as a base trait so that players will have more freedom - and maybe increase its use (im probably the only one willing to test it :( )

-previously there was a discussion on this forum about HB skeleltons. I thought they were ok as i was playing at that time only ram (using them usually 1 or 3 as i dont like zergs). Turns out when i play wolf that they are actually very good, maybe too much . I believe if top 10 players are using as a base always 5 HB skeleton warriors there might be an issue with the unit being too well performing. Why basic units for the 400 ap bracket aren't reduced to a limit of 3? this would partially block zerg strategies.

Useful links:

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

I add two more things (sorry for the double post)

- Grave guardian with scourge living dead is a good counter for the golem AND it is also useful. For 4 AP is a nice investment if you hate golems and it is well priced. Comparing it to ferocious, which costs more than twice, it is much more useful as the buff can be used on different units. Unfortunately it suffers the same issue as melee units with ferocious: a lucky (not even that lucky) counterattack might end the GG fast but at least you feel like you have a chance. Ferocious for wolven is too expensive. 4 AP should be ok as it is even more situational than scourge: living dead!

-Ylia's love: i like this skill i really do...but for the love of Ylia...why it costs 3 faith? Mortal insolence costs 2 as exhausting touch (just giving an example) and they provide a much higher impact than a skill that usually heals for 5 at the end of every turn. it is super well performing if your guy manages to escape, and escape until he has regenerated a nice portion of heal...i even tried it but i was never succesful at it and i guess my personal record was +10 hp with one ylia's love over two turns. With all the zergs going around it is pretty hard to have it stick more than 1 turn.

Useful links:
Next

Return to General Forum