It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 pm

undiscovered fraction

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

Re: undiscovered fraction

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Deuzerre wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:I really hope they would create a test server one day just to avoid that the new race is OP/underpowered and all the general whine :D

A "beta beta"?

Kind of a different version of the game just for testing the new patch before it is released. You know, to point out things before they go live so that they can avoid part of the whines and tweak some aspects. Probably if enough players would have tested beforehand the legendaries in the 250 AP bracket they would have realised is not the best option to attract new players.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

SoulCollector

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 4:17 pm

All online games need a test server for testing everything they will patch before going live, I believe this game also has one but only the dev team get to use it and thats a shame really i bet they dont have either the free time or the amount of people to test everything they wish before a patch release.

They should ask serious people in the community that want to help with testing the patches and im pretty sure they will get at least 8-10 very serious people that will help them test before going live.

Deep Blue

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 6:00 pm

SoulCollector wrote:All online games need a test server for testing everything they will patch before going live, I believe this game also has one but only the dev team get to use it and thats a shame really i bet they dont have either the free time or the amount of people to test everything they wish before a patch release.

They should ask serious people in the community that want to help with testing the patches and im pretty sure they will get at least 8-10 very serious people that will help them test before going live.

I'm VERY sure cyanide at least thought about it *wink*
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostFri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 am

I think a new faction for each path could be added as an expansion type DLC. Provided everything is well balanced I think it is quite reasonable to make people pay cyans for access to the new factions. You could buy 1 new faction for some cyans or get access to all 3 for the price of 2. This would mean if you really did not want to pay or could not pay you would still be able to gain access by winning cyans in ranked matches.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.
Previous

Return to General Forum