It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

I don't like your tone Jigoku....

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Hod

Re: I don't like your tone Jigoku....

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 2:07 pm

I personally fell like you can't let one post make you change your perspective towards how you approach the community. I think many, many more people were heartened by your post than discouraged. I caught the sarcasm in the "uproar" comment.

Please don't recede like a frightened little turtle back into your shell. We appreciate you actually having a personality and not being just a faceless, emotionless developer.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Jigoku,
I was not offended I thought your post was too critical of the criticism. I thought you sounded offended actually. I like that we get to have input and I also like that you guys are quick to respond. It is a case of remembering what you signed up for I think. Many posts are not constructive but it is foolish to expect anything else. People are rarely passionate about things they don't care about, so you should see the rants as a good thing.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

SoulCollector

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 3:10 pm

I also believe there was nothing wrong with Jigoku's post on that thread, to be honest I'm also an ex lion player, I also hated the new patch and some times in chat i feel the need to vent my frustration but i can also understand where he is coming from.

I like how he always find the time to actually talk to us in the Forums, that is (in my experience) something very hard to see in most of the games i have play or even beta test for that matter, of course he is also a normal person that can sound irritated when people try to bash his baby but in this case I didn't feel he was irritated at all.

We should just let it go Errol, i honestly like his approach to the community and thanks to him we know from now on there won't be more huge meta-change patches, just small balance and fix patches that trully is one of the best news he could have given us.

Edit: just something for the devs to think about: You guys really should think about making a test server that a number of vocal and/or important members of the comunity should be able to log in and test the changes with you guys and report bugs or balance issues of some units right away before you guys go live with the changes on the open beta, you guys need the fast feedback. So, for example things like simple bugs like the one with the "top near me" bugged option in ranking won't ever happen again.
Last edited by SoulCollector on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macabre-13

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Jigoku,

Please do not refrain from posting honestly and openly just because some people cannot stomach it. Also, please understand that while harsh criticism may seem rampant on these boards at times, trust that many of us, most importantly the silent majority, greatly appreciate the work you've done with the Confrontation franchise, and want nothing more than to see this game thrive and grow.

I've been a long-time, hardcore fan of the tabletop Confrontation game, owning almost every miniature ever cast, and since the Dogs of War rulebook was printed, I've played it almost exclusively with my small group of dedicated fans, and still do to this day. What a huge breath of fresh air to see Confrontation finally revived, at least in some form, when many fans have all but lost hope for the future of our beloved franchise.

I don't agree with all the design and balance decisions taken thus far, but I truly believe you and your team are genuinely hard at work and trying your best to make a game that we might all enjoy for years to come. I don't think you take on a project like Confrontation because you just see dollar signs; it's a niche product, after all. I believe you share the same passion that many of us fans do. At times, that passion may get the best of us, and we post in a passionate manner, both in praise and in criticism. But don't let that detract from the fact that we're all here for the same reason: We love this game. Even the harsh critics wouldn't waste their time if they didn't care, and oftentimes, useful feedback can be garnered even from posts that seem to contain nothing but vitriol.

Yours truly,
Forever a dedicated fan.

Almanro

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks Jigoku for your postings, they are always very interesting to read and allow the player community to feel a direct link with the game design.
Previous

Return to General Forum