It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Brainstorm: less randomization

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deuzerre

Re: Brainstorm: less randomization

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 10:15 pm

If you want to reduce accuracy with ring of ice, it should increase DOD.

Errol Flynn

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Deuzerre wrote:If you want to reduce accuracy with ring of ice, it should increase DOD.

Yeah that is actually the easiest and best way to achieve that result.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Deep Blue

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Errol Flynn wrote:
Deuzerre wrote:If you want to reduce accuracy with ring of ice, it should increase DOD.

Yeah that is actually the easiest and best way to achieve that result.

i quote myself :

(coding wise they could make it as if they are buffed with vivacity)

vivacity = +2 DOD on ranged attacks :)

yeah i mentioned ACC at first but realistically is easier to do that as i suggested after. Thanks however for pointing out my mistake i will edit the first page post.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Errol Flynn

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 11:50 am

I was thinking about this and a boost to dodge is a bad idea. It could be used to leave combat which is not the intention of the spell. Also it is potentially too powerful on a good healthy unit, and worth nothing on a poor or damaged unit. 50% means it provides equal protection regardless of the base units quality or condition.

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Errol Flynn wrote:I was thinking about this and a boost to dodge is a bad idea. It could be used to leave combat which is not the intention of the spell. Also it is potentially too powerful on a good healthy unit, and worth nothing on a poor or damaged unit. 50% means it provides equal protection regardless of the base units quality or condition.

you obviously didn't read what vivacity does in game or read the description i copy pasted from it. It does not provide a flat DOD bonus meaning that a unit which tries to disengage won't get any bonus out of it. It is applied only vs ranged attack so if the unit is engaged in a melee it won't receive any sort of benefit to disengage. Vivacity =/= elusive
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Errol Flynn wrote:I was thinking about this and a boost to dodge is a bad idea. It could be used to leave combat which is not the intention of the spell.

Vivacity works only Vs ranged attacks.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Errol Flynn

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Yes, but me and another guy had said a straight DOD boost would do the trick. The main point of that post was I think it should stay at 50% chance so it effects all units at all health levels equally.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 1:35 pm

The main point of that post was I think it should stay at 50% chance so it effects all units at all health levels equally.

but im really for Deep Blue ideas - while i have 50% Saves that reminds mi GW awful game mechanics :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Previous

Return to General Forum