It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Queue system

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Hod

Re: Queue system

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 6:55 pm

SoulCollector wrote:Thanks for the answers guys. OK, i will try the 400 AP but let me say a few things why i dont like the 400 AP bracket much.

When i started the game I and pretty much everyone were playing on the 200 AP bracket, is not about fighting new players is about the speed of the matchs, some matchs can last 15 minutes or less I just honestly love this games, they are also not really recorded so I don't really care if I win or lose, I don't know, call it a personal thing maybe. I know I'm around the game a lot but if you look at my numbers I'm not playing as much as I'm chatting the reason for this is that I seriously can't be glued to the screen of the comp for 35-45 minutes some times even 1 hour without having to step up and have to do something else for a few minutes. With the 200 AP games I hardly ever see an interruption from my life into my turns, on the 400 AP game I almost always lose a turn or two due to me having to do something in the middle of the match, usually those lost turns will cost me the match.

If there was some sort of system in place where i can ask for a pause to the other player or something to wait me for some minutes, i don't know, on table top games like this one you have the guy in front of you and if the phone is ringing you just ask him to wait a minute and then continue the match.

The other thing is, for how long a player is considere a new player in this game, i sure as hell wasn't a new player anymore after the 2nd day, I'm not using impposible high level units or legendaries to play in 250 bracket due to the fact that i dont want to scare new players, maybe new players need a specific bracket for them only where they can play the first few days, for me the 250 AP bracket is the one i like best for the fast matchs that is all, and i would like to continue playing the game in a bracket such as that with the few other people that like to do the same.

again thanks a lot for reading and giving me a fast answer to my problem.

There is definitely some truth to this. 400AP matches take a bit. I really have to know I have the next hour off to sit down and play. Soul, you're making me want to get back into the 250 AP matches.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah, we share your opinion on that. 250 AP fights are a good standard, time-wise.
Sometimes, not as deep as 400 AP fight, but quick matches are cool, and 250 is one of my personal favorite bracket.

Also... Soul, when I read your answer I understood that I may have implied that the 250 AP bracket was for newcomers only.
I'm sorry for that - it is not what I meant, and it is clearly not the case. It's just that, 250 being the default bracket for newcomers, there are a lot more of them there than in the higher brackets (ok I know, I'm stating the obvious :P ).

I spoke a bit with the team today and we all agreed that what's happening to you (not finding a game for that long) shouldn't happen - at all.
We will be working to make sure that we see it fixed. Though I can't give you any specific deadline, sorry :(

For that "pause" idea... well, I think it is technically not that impossible.
But that's me being a game designer and all, so maybe Legulysse would object to that :P
We'll see what we can do, but if we decide that we can do it, it not might be before, well, a long time.
Maybe. Because our priority list is... huge.
Then again, I'm not the best person in the team to speak about deadlines when code is involved, so who knows ?
If you guys all think it's a good idea, and if it is not so long to make, we might be able to do it sooner rather than later (no promise guys - LOTS of "ifs" here).
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

SoulCollector

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 5:28 am

Lima wrote:Whoever is responsible for keeping Soul in the queue I have only one thing to say:

Thank you, chat would not be the same without him. :)

Hahahahaha. that made my day Lima XD
Previous

Return to General Forum